No announcement yet.

Pick'n Pull (Hammond Indiana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to drop in someday. I need some stuff from Van Senus soon anyway. Don't worry about your box. Mine is shredding parts and rusting away at an alarming rate.

Comment

Familiar territory. I didn't realise some of you Chicago - NW Indiana mangs were that close to me. Actually, I do a lot of my shopping in St John and Highland.....

I was actually up that far north last summer looking for a center cap for my Gen 1 Lightning wheels. I believe the place was Hub Cap City or something similar, right on Indianapolis near some tracks. I also used to have family and a few friends up that way in Hammond and surrounding areas. Nowadays I only have my Sister and her family in Merillville. Maybe if you guys decide to have a meet I will bring the curreent exhaust-leakity Great White out to play. Or, if it's a tad later this year, I will bring it out "post-transformation" Remember though, Portillo's FTW!!!!1

BTW I am in Steger, which is roughly State and 234th street by Chicago numbering standards.
      sigpic
      https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
      1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
      1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
      2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
      2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Familiar territory. I didn't realise some of you Chicago - NW Indiana mangs were that close to me. Actually, I do a lot of my shopping in St John and Highland.....

I was actually up that far north last summer looking for a center cap for my Gen 1 Lightning wheels. I believe the place was Hub Cap City or something similar, right on Indianapolis near some tracks.
        That hub cap place is called Hub Cap World. My shop is about two blocks south in Indy. Stop buy ant time we take ALL kinds of cars. Just today we had an old f-ed up chevy with massive exaust leaks and dripping all kinds of fluid. Then an '07 Mustang in PERFECT condition. And a Colbalt on the third bay.

So any & every car no matter how good or bad the car is we will gladly accept you. EVEN if you don't spend any money at all.
        sigpic

Comment

I could bring you the black and grey car for an oil change. Listen to the 3 speed AOD go!!!

The White car has the exhaust leaks, but not for long. It is in great shape otherwise, just the header haskets are shit. My 91Grand Marq I just acquired will probably replace the black one as a DD only cause the black ones falling apart on me. I'm tired of dropping money on it at this point, and now the speedo cable broke so I use my broke Garmin for a speedometer lol. But ya one weekend soon I'll stop by your shop.
          sigpic
          2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.

Comment

Nice front bumper Heretic. The car looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post

You alright mang?
              KENNEDY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8v_MDgFQr8
              LTD is still here

Comment

Ah...okay then!

Comment

[QUOTE=Heretic;343984]I could bring you the black and grey car for an oil change. Listen to the 3 speed AOD go!!!

The White car has the exhaust leaks, but not for long. It is in great shape otherwise, just the header haskets are shit. QUOTE]

Well as for the 3 speed AOD. Right now I have an A trans, notice there is no OD. There is also no R.

As for exhausst leaks.....my passenger side cat fell off last week. So we can handle the noise. Honestly you can hear my baby forom about 3 blocks away. Just today I had her in our shop & I revved her a few times to hear the ecco.

When you come in make sure I know your from this site. once again I work downstairs my name is Mike & I wear a jumpsuit. MAKE SURE MY CAR IS THERE. I will get you a discount.

If were slow I'll take you for a ride in my beast
                  sigpic

Comment

3 speed AOD, huh? Better get that new one in!
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm not going to bother replaceing the tranny; I'm going to be selling that car soon actually. I picked up a 91GM, fully loaded, for $200. All it needed was the TV bushing to be 100% drivable. I COULD NOT pass it up for that price. I really need the money do I'm gonna put that 87 up on here and then eBay if no one wants it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok well I haven't been in this one for a while just to update yall. Pick & pull no longer allows cameras in there BUT I do still have my cell phone.

I haven't been in there in quite a while & I wont be for a while cuz well.... it's cold !

So if & when I go in there again & I remember to take pics I WILL. untill then this thread can just kind of chill.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mangjura View Post
                          Ok well I haven't been in this one for a while just to update yall. Pick & pull no longer allows cameras in there BUT I do still have my cell phone.

I haven't been in there in quite a while & I wont be for a while cuz well.... it's cold !

So if & when I go in there again & I remember to take pics I WILL. untill then this thread can just kind of chill.
                          1987cp's near-mint dashpad came from there I hear...

Comment

That's cool. My Interior light / one of my break lights / & two of my rims came from there I am sure there will be quite a bit more on my car from there by this time next year.

But maybe I'll have a hell of a lot better job & I'll be able to just completely re do the entire car............. Well I can dream
                            sigpic

Comment

No cameras allowed in a wrecking yard? That seems like an odd sort of rule ....
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yea that is freakin odd but as soon as you walk in there's a sign posted. "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X