460 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    this is entirely true. What do the fox 460 swap headers look like? Maybe those can be used, or if there is a BBF shorty for some application, possibly something could be worked out
    The fox units don't fit. I deservedly got an ass-chewing from the guy that did one here about my mistaking the fox body set for the set that fit the box....they don't even come close...he bought a set of hooker Mustang swap headers, and they were observedly the wrong ones....I think he has a picture of them on his supermotors page, and how badly they fit.
    What this stems from, is I did test fit a 460 into a 86 box wagon...and I had three sets of headers that all fit perfectly. I had borrowed the sets from a guy who claimed that they were all Fox body swap headers, and from what I had seen at the time, they honestly looked like the swap headers I had seen at the time. However, I abandoned the project, and haven't revisited it since.

If I ever build another panther, it will be something small-block motivated, whether it be stroked, turboed, or supercharged.

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
    There is someone on another foreum that did this.... He used a accesory setup that is sold for 460 Mustang swaps... it basically lets you use your 302 brackets... It consists of flat plates, with holes drilled and tapped so that you just bolt on the brackets off of the 302...

I think he bought them online... From Summit Racing...
    I think he also used the stock exaust manifolds...

Tom...
    This is the Lee Senior kit I am speaking about...

The one known set of headers that fits is from Ford Powertrain Applications, out of Renton, Washington.
    Last edited by ; 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Damn, Didn't know he never produced the parts. I was going off the info/price sheet I was sent a few years ago. I guess I will have to go it solo when I get my 2 door.

Tim
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Back in the early 90s, Chris Kauffman used to do custom bracket work and other stuff.... this part of his business fell to the wayside along with the others....... I stopped in at Kauffman's place, JBA and Monster Miata back in the early 90s when they were all having fun with custom stuff.. Monster Miata is the only place doing the same thing they did back then because they specialize in a small niche....

Comment

Working...
        X