No announcement yet.

My 1990 LTD Crown Victoria :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put some turbine wheels on that thing mang! Or some dog-dish hubs I guess would be more fitting to the base model theme.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've got the chrome police-style hubcaps (not center-caps) on it now. They look like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Crown-Victor...QQcmdZViewItem
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The '90 is in the body-shop now. I'm having minor surface-rust removed before I put the car away for the winter.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That CV is really nice........but those hubs have got to go, unless ya like them. Definitely some 16" police wheels with chrome center caps would work with that or if ya got the money a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Nonetheless a nice car indeed.

Packman

Comment

I'd like to see a pic with the full chrome police covers on it...
            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

A pic of me with my '90

Chrome hubcaps.
              Attached Files
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

You know, I think that's the very nicest box-body I've seen pics of in a while! Definitely a worthwhile acquisition ... I look forward to seeing what becomes of this one.

And yep, grey and silver are both great colors for box Panthers.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                That CV is really nice........but those hubs have got to go, unless ya like them. Definitely some 16" police wheels with chrome center caps would work with that or if ya got the money a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Nonetheless a nice car indeed.

Packman

I could definitely see a set of '98-'02 P71 wheels, but painted either argent silver or body color. Or maybe a set of 15x8 Mopar police wheels sprayed body color dog dishes. I think a Photochop may be in order here.....
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  I could definitely see a set of '98-'02 P71 wheels, but painted either argent silver or body color. Or maybe a set of 15x8 Mopar police wheels sprayed body color dog dishes. I think a Photochop may be in order here.....
                  Thanks for the ideas!!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Sure thing. 15x8 and 15x10 Mopar steelies painted body color was what I originally had planned for the wagon before I got a screaming deal on the old turbines that are on it now. Too bad no one seems to make a reproduction P71 wheel yet ... those would be very nice to have in 16x8 instead of the stock 16x7, and/or with a small variety of offsets.

Comment

That car is awesome!! But those hubcaps look like the wheels from GTA Vice City lol.

Comment

I like those police hubs that you currently have on there now. They are a nice filler until you finally decide what to do.

Packman

Comment

They look good, I had those hubcaps on my Vic and it came from the dealer that way, and the car wasn't a PI so I think they were an option from the factory/dealer but i'm not 100% sure on that.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            They look good, I had those hubcaps on my Vic and it came from the dealer that way, and the car wasn't a PI so I think they were an option from the factory/dealer but i'm not 100% sure on that.
                            Pretty sure they were just the base-model wheelcover from certain years, possibly something like '88 to '97 or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Pretty sure they were just the base-model wheelcover from certain years, possibly something like '88 to '97 or thereabouts.
                              I believe so.....Speaking of which, I could use another wheel-cover. I ordered one off E-bay but it never arrived, so the seller gave me a full refund!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice!
                                needs turbines tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X