What spark plug and plug gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What spark plug and plug gap

Just wondering what spark plugs you guys are running, and at what gap?

im using champion platinums at 0.044 gap. i would probably recommend some better plugs tho.

Comment

Motorcrafts are good. For some reason people report issues with platinums on the 302s?? I dunno. Motorcraft wires are nice as well. The next best would be autolites. Just stay away from bosch. Far away. Good O2 sensors tho.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yes, bosch is bad.

Comment

im definatley not a fan of bosch or champion... I have had bad luck with them in the past...

Comment

I run Autolites. Watch when you buy them, some are made in China now. If the US made parts supply dries up, I'll be installing Motorcraft plugs.

gap is .050, or whatever the fan shroud says.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I will just go with motorcraft.

I have been hearing a lot of bad about the auto lites since they started making them in china.

What is the motorcraft PN for the plugs?

Comment

autolite 25's........yes beware of the made in china autolites......motorcrafts in my future

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by GilroyRacing View Post
                  im definatley not a fan of bosch or champion... I have had bad luck with them in the past...
                  AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TELL ME WHA HAPPEND 2 U!!!!!!! this way i no what to expect i just put Bosch Platinum Plus 2's in my car 2day......man i wish i would of look @ this thread b4 i bough them DAMN....i agree on the autolight's b-in junk...well when there made in china
                  My old 87 Mercury Grand Marquis-RIP- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016650
                  Now Driving A
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

Every car I have put Bosch Platinums into lost performance except one car, a 1994 Honda Accord I4. I avoid them like cold sores on a first date kiss.

Comment

Both the champions and boschs....if you flood them, you might as well pull them out and throw them away.

I agree with torquelover, They just felt like the didnt perform as well either.

Comment

i don't think itz possible 4 me 2 flood them because...i have efi (87 merc)
                        My old 87 Mercury Grand Marquis-RIP- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016650
                        Now Driving A
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

I am gonna try some NGK's on this next plug change
                          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                          Originally posted by MeanVic84
                          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

I use Autolite platinum plugs. All the ones I have ever bought has been made in the US; at least the ones I started checking after Scott mentioned that some were made overseas. They say where they are mmade right on the individual boxes. I have had good luck with them in the past, and have no reason to change. Plus, they are what my parts supplier has, and I get a good deal on them.

From what I have read, Autolite was recently (in the past two years) bought by Honeywell; known for jet engines among other things. In addition to Autolite, they purchased FRAM, and several other companies. I'm not sure whether they are responsible for a drop in quality, or whether they are currently increasing quality.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by chris_russell11_13 View Post
                              im using champion platinums at 0.044 gap. i would probably recommend some better plugs tho.
                              I ran Champion Platinums in my car for awhile and was quite pleased. The car never skipped a beat and got 20-21 mpg highway (2 bbl 351 and 2.73s). Not sure why people always seem to think the Champions aren't good plugs...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                              X