No announcement yet.

Again, a problem with my Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, its in a metal fitting that threads into the lower manifold. The heater hose does connect to the end of that fitting though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sorry to whore in the thread, but I am having some of the same issues, and trying to work them out.

I am going to change the Ign. Module this weekend...I wonder...should I go ahead and pop for the pickup inside the distributor too? I understand you have to remove the dizzy and press the gear off, is this correct?

I don't have a VOM to check things.

Mine only quits after a long drive on a hot day with the A/C running, it'll just quit while I am going down the road.

I already pulled the UIM, and cleaned the throttle body, and the EGR valve and plate, and the IAC motor, it seems to idle a bit faster too now.
      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Kind of the same thing, it is when I drive off the interstate, or if i put the pedal to the metal in my driveway and then let it go in one shot, the idle rpm seems to drop below the normal idling rpm, and a lot of times the motor then stops.

I know my readings from my ECT is a bit under specs, so i'll be changing it...but my hopes are not that great.

I tried to get the codes out of my OBD with my Voltmeter but I didint manage to get them. If someone got any tricks, feel free to help!

Thanks again for everything,
        Alex
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
        2007 Hyundai Accent

Comment

Ok, here are my fault codes:

12: RPM at idle out of range (high)
          I don't think its a big issue...but who knows?

45: Thermactor air upstream

My question, what is a Thermactor, what should I do? Could it be the problem? Ive never heard this name so if anyone could help me on this, ill be really glad.

Thanks again,
          Alex
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
          2007 Hyundai Accent

Comment

12 could be a vacuum leak, or a sticky IAC. Could also be the "idle screw" has been cranked out and the idle won't go down to normal.

45: this is the air injection crap that runs behind the head and down to the cat converter. It ties into the smog pump. 45 means either the smog pump isn't there, isn't hooked up, the diverter valve is bad, a broken vacuum line for the diverter valve, stuck control solenoid for the valve, or most common, the ports in the cylinder heads are just packed with carbon. Don't worry about this code, it doesn't really do much of anything. The air switches away from being pumped into the back of the heads after a minute or two of running anyhow.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X