Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight upgrades (not the relays)

http://www.koolglo.com/bulbs/html/conversion_lamps.html

Has anybody ever tried any of the products on this page? I've been thinking about changing out my sealed beams for the projector beam ones on this page, and then changing the regular H4's you're supposed to put in it for real HIDs.

I thought for sure Petemang would have changed out his headlights in some way, seeing as how there isn't a single incandescent bulb in any of his cars. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

That would be cool to put real hids..I think the main reason is the cost not cheap. also theres a risk of those projector beams braking if a rock hits it also they could be stolen. One good thing about under the hood of a box is there is plenty of room to put the hid ballast's in. If I do hid I would want the hella h4's in less likley to be stolden because they look like a regular sealed beam something like this For now I'm happy with my homemade relay harness and my silverstars.
    Last edited by gabegt90; 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I'm probably solidly in the minority but I really hate the light pattern those projector lamps give. I also don't care for how they look once installed. I stick to boring glass sealed beams because I can see where I'm going with them installed. I also really dislike other people that have those glaring lights that make me not able to see at all.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am also against projectors. I have a set on another car, and they do throw out an amazing amount of light to the ground, even in the rain at night, but the cut-off is too severe. Imagine driving along and only seeing from the bottom of a guard rail on down, and nothing up above. It's creepy, and even more dangerous. If you go HID conversion, don't go too high in the Kelvins. You'll have better usable light output and less ricer-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
          That would be cool to put real hids..I think the main reason is the cost not cheap. also theres a risk of those projector beams braking if a rock hits it also they could be stolen. One good thing about under the hood of a box is there is plenty of room to put the hid ballast's in. If I do hid I would want the hella h4's in less likley to be stolden because they look like a regular sealed beam something like this For now I'm happy with my homemade relay harness and my silverstars.
          The thing about putting those lenses in is you don't wanna use a conventional reflector setup (like the one pictured) with true HIDs. While the kits they sell can fit into the conventional reflector setup instead of regular H4's or whatever, the light pattern is wrong and you'll end up seriously blinding the other drivers. HID is designed to work with projectors, not reflectors, and if they're aimed properly, they shouldn't blind other drivers.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

^What he said^
            Aim them right and there should not be any problems
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
            X