FatNasty's 1990 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FatNasty's 1990 CV CS

i've been searching for the right second car for a while now. The last wagon was a little to far gone and i wanted efi, and the mark vii just isn't a panther, but i finally found the right deal on another wagon. 1990 cv cs. 164k miles, picked it up for $400. Tow package car with 3.55 track lock rear end, dual exhaust, PS cooler. No rust, engine runs REALLY smooth, much better than the marquis. Its only problems seem to be typical panther issues. It would only run for a minute or so before going dead when i got it. Was just an all to common burnt to a crisp alternator harness. Bad window motors and locks all around and the doors need realigned. Theres some body work needed in a few spots and the paint sucks. Interior is dirty but otherwise in very good shape. TV cable had fallen out as it was sitting for a long time, but i got it fixed before driving it anywhere. Tranny shifts nicely and holds all the gears. Only thing i dont like about the new style dash that it has is there is no stock place for a tripminder I'm very happy to have some turbines again though! Pics....
    Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

nice find mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Looks pretty good for $400
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Not bad! What's the plan for this car? Daily driver?

-Rob
        1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
        Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
        Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Nice find.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Ya, another 90 wagon!! I agree totally on the dash too. I dont know where to put a tach.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I Likey.

Very Nice Find!

Comment

Originally posted by theredlineboss View Post
                  Not bad! What's the plan for this car? Daily driver?

-Rob
                  Just a spare car for when i do work on the Marquis, and something to drive during the winter so i can keep the Marquis off the road. I want to do a little towing with the wagon too, taking stuff to the dump and picking up building materials.

So far i've rebuilt and replaced all 5 window motors, and started realigning some of the doors. I need 5 lock actuators, they're all shot. Just wish they were rebuildable like a window motor. Don't want to spend the money on new ones so i'l probably sort through junkyard ones at a couple bucks each til i find enough good ones. I probably wont do any upgrades to the engine, it runs beautifully so i have no good reason to mess with it.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                  1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Well, haven't updated this in a while. Haven't done much to the wagon until recently. Replaced all 4 shocks, added a police rear sway bar, 140 mph speedo, and replaced the outer tie rod ends.

Motor still runs fine, but it leaks out of about every gasket there is. Decided once spring comes i'll pull the motor and replace all the gaskets and get it cleaned up. As i thought about it though, if i pull it i might as well do the HO conversion, I've got the parts laying around for the most part. But then i found a 2000 explorer motor in pretty good shape for $350 and picked that up today. I won't be building it up beyond that at all since I just don't have the money to be spending on it. So it will be stock for anything i can get away with. I'll probably go with the HO cam, I like It pretty well in the Marquis.
                    Attached Files

Comment

excellent!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Cool. Can't beat that price.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Since this will be a budget build, i definitely didn't have the money for a lightning egr spacer so i rigged up one that will work using a mustang spacer. I'm not running any egr stuff anyways so i don't need to worry about leaks with drilling into the thing. Drilled and tapped the spacer to hold a bracket, and drilled and taped holes in that to hold the throttle cable bracket in the same spot as i needed. Now i'll look into getting that spacer bored to match the explorer stuff if its cheap enough.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!! I think the CV CS will like that engine, even w/o mods.

Packman

Comment

Got the upper cleaned and painted. went with ford red to match the wagon, although I do prefer blue, already did the Marquis in blue.

First machine shop i went to wanted a bit much for boring out the spacer, so i'll either check another place, drill it out myself somehow, or buy a cheap 65mm spacer and modify that like i did this one. either way, cheap, cheap, cheap.... total so far $361.60

also started painting the plenum plate, luckily, like most parts, i had this sitting around. it was hanging on my wall of 5.0 intake plates i've collected.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X