The supercharged 'LSE'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The supercharged 'LSE'

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while! What projects have you all been up to?

For those of you who don't get on CVN - recently I finished the install of my Saleen supercharger kit for the Merc and have since logged a few hundred miles on the setup. The Eaton M90 roots blower whine is very addictive I also completed a COP conversion at the same time, among other changes.

Here are some pictures of the completed install, following a quick detail;

Details on all my modifications to use it can be found here

The car is much more enjoyable to drive now. Even when you're not pushing it, the extra power is nice - you barely have to touch the pedal, and it almost never downshifts!
    I will be taking some vids soon and will be sure to post them here too.

-Derek
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Wow!!! That is a nice and very clean installation. Looks like it came from the factory that way. Very nice indeed.

Packman

Comment

SWEET job looks great dereck

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Wow, I wish I had the skill/patience to do work as beautiful as that. Gorgeous!
        sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
        Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
        Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
        1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Your cars are too dang clean. Looks so stock. It's disgusting.

Let's hope this thread doesn't get as carried away as the CVN thread!
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Wow, looks factory, mang!!!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

*speechless*
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks guys. The installation itself took a weekend, but the modifications and prep to the blower/manifold assembly, wiring and car were spanned over a few weeks as I had time. Was pretty involved, though I'm happy with the results.

Let's hope this thread doesn't get as carried away as the CVN thread!
                lol

Hey Pete, you still looking for a set of nice HPPs? I have been looking to upgrade my wheel/tire combo, if you're interested let me know!
                Modifications

Comment

Nice mang. Cleaner than any new car I have ever seen, and looks factory as well. You still have the black MK8? I sold mine...

Comment

That looks awesome. I like the fact that it looks factory instead of like some kludged together crap like some setups are.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks!

Now that the car performs mostly how I want it to (I still want to get a little more power from it with some bolt-ons), and the interior is pretty much done, I'm going to focus on the exterior. I'm toying with having it repainted a sharp red metallic - like a mix of Ford laser, toreador, and redfire red. But naturally am concerned how well it can be pulled off to look factory.
                      Modifications

Comment

You are now my favorite panther EVAR!! I need that for the towny!
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Good Lord that is badass, looks amazing
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Mucho kewlness.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

New paint

" But naturally am concerned how well it can be pulled off to look factory."

Look for a shop that specializes in classics/antiques/muscle cars, and paints show winners.
                              They consider themselves artists and their work will not be cheap. Expect to pay well into the 4digit range for a custom mix, smooth as glass finish.
                              Changing color is a bi***!! as everything will have to be changed, and the car will most likely have to be partially dismantled to look factory painted.
                              Price will probably be in the hi 4digit/lo 5digit range.

Got a coupla custom shops here that do that kinda work for 'the discriminating customer'.
                              They will paint it any color u want, but it takes several weeks and the car gets dismantled and reassembled as each component get painted, both sides.

Good luck with it.
                              Speed cost....how fast u wanna go??

It's not how much hp u have...
                              It's how much hp u can put to the track...

Let's seperate the men from the boys and put that power to the track using street tires and stock suspension components

'Tis infinately better to sit quietly and be thought a fool,
                              than to speak and remove all doubt.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Working...
                              X