The supercharged 'LSE'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good gawd!
    not only is it showroom, now it's Supercharged!

sweeeEEEEeeeettt!!!

gonna take it to the dragstrip and post some times?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by SLYDAWG View Post
      Price will probably be in the hi 4digit/lo 5digit range.
      I can see that. For the crazy Competition Orange Boss 302 job with painted-on stripes, my old boss said he was spending $3000 just for the materials, and that the completed job was going to run his customer nearly $30,000 just for paint. That's not including the labor-intensive Roots-supercharged Boss 302 engine with dry sump oiling and coil-on-plug ignition and a custom intake that puts the air-to-water intercooler down in the lifter valley so it can all stack underneath a functional stock Boss 302 hoodscoop .... the 17" Minilites obtained for the vehicle sure are kewl, though.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Did you port the blower at all? Porting the outlet of the M90 can have a big effect on outlet temps and performance.

I've bought myself an m90 and have been looking into what can be done to it.

Oh, and I'm gonna try to get to Jimie Cone this saturday.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

gonna take it to the dragstrip and post some times?
          Eventually

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          Did you port the blower at all? Porting the outlet of the M90 can have a big effect on outlet temps and performance.

I've bought myself an m90 and have been looking into what can be done to it.
          No, no porting to it. I did clean up the intake runners a tad but that's it.

What generation M90 did you pick up, 3rd? (ie Supercoupes)
          This one is 4th gen, it already has the "S" porting which was popular on the 3rd gens done to it. But there is still a lot of potential for improvement. Maybe I will look into having Stiegemeier port it in the future.
          My main restriction right now is the heads, and I still have the stock bottom end of course. I'm not planning on it anytime soon, but I would like a forged engine with PnP heads in some day. In the mean time the car is fun to drive as-is so I'm happy with it.
          -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
          My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
          Modifications
          Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
          X