No announcement yet.

Which sway bars fit which Panthers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make that 2 Nick, I'm thinking the same thing with a Newer K code, I want to have rear discs and the better gears. let me know what you find I have friends that can help with pulling if required and with trucks to haul.
    Resident diesel addict

Comment

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but...a K-code for aeros? Tell me about this beast- was it a towing package rear? What years could it be found on?

Rob
      1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
      Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
      Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

aero K rear isn't really common. I think I've seen one, most of them are a 3.08 open. The one I saw was on like a 95 police car.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea rear disc k codes arent common
          oh and you can fit a panther rear in the trunk of a panther.....better have a helper that gives a shit about your 1/4 panels tho lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well I guess the gear don't matter anyway, I'd prefer to put in a set of 3:73's. I figured a axle would fit in the trunk though, but with two a truck would be preferable.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

For the FRONT bars, the interchange years are
              -91, 92-94, 95-02, and 2003+

95-97 and 98-02 use different front endlinks (same design but the 95-97 use a tapered shaft on the swaybar end) however either year range bar can be used on the other provided you use that year range endlinks.

None of these bars will work on -91s w/o also converting to the newer front brake/suspension (any 95-02, though 98-02 has better brakes), as mrltd said.

Rear bars interchange -1991, and 1992+
              *The Town Car had the "92+" design starting in 1990

Originally posted by theredlineboss View Post
              Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but...a K-code for aeros? Tell me about this beast- was it a towing package rear? What years could it be found on?

Rob
              For aeros, 3.55 LSD was available (only) on the -'94 Town Car towing. The limited slip was not available when ordered with ETA, so is a very rare combo. Limos and -'91 had rear drums, so look for '92-'94s.
              Last edited by drock96marquis; 06-29-2008, 11:15 PM.
              -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
              My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
              Modifications
              Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Thanks drock! I know what to look for at the yards. I thought that aero cartier town cars came standard with 3:55 posi tho??? and 99 cvpi's had 3:55 posi???
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

HPP cars after 98 or 99 came with a 3.55, but its a watts link rear so not a swap for older models. Not sre on the Towncars, but I've never seen one with anything but a 3.08 or 3.27. I think the touring package cars had a 3.55 but it was an optional package.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

there was that k code 92 vic cop car at ez pull once

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                      and 99 cvpi's had 3:55 posi???
                      My Dad's '99 P71 is a 3.55, but it is an open diff.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                        Thanks drock! I know what to look for at the yards. I thought that aero cartier town cars came standard with 3:55 posi tho???
                        Nope. Although '97 Cartier TCs included 3.27, standard (no LSD) - and you could also get 3.27 with the later Towing package, Limo package, Ride Control package (Signature (Aero)), or the Euro export package (optional)

Otherwise, the rest (and majority) are 3.08

Other than the -'94 Towing, the only 'late model' Town Car that had 3.55s was the 98-02 Touring Sedans. (Again, no LSD)

and 99 cvpi's had 3:55 posi???
                        They had 3.55, open, LSD optional. However the 98-02 (or 03+) 'whale' axle will not swap into a -'97 'aero'
                        -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                        My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                        Modifications
                        Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
                        X