Single or Dual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single or Dual?

Ok I don't know what I should want with these valve springs. I am prepping my E7's to go on and want to get a kit from trick flow that come with seals and retainers.

Here is the single one.
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Here is the Dual spring.
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Is the dual one worth the extra $70? My set up is just E7's with a explorer cam. Not going to be taking it up to 7K or anything, just lower rpms. I understand that the dual ones are just to try to help with valve float, am I right?

Which should I buy?

Thanks.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

The singles are what I'm running on my GT40's

E7's with an explorer cam might be fine with stock ones.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i'm running a ho cam with stock springs and 1.7 roller rockers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah, I'd just see your Ford dealer for replacement stock springs. Ones I got for my E7s are just spec'd for a '95 Mustang GT, ran me about $65 and I know they're appropriate for the almost-stock build they're on. Should still have the part number written down somewhere around here, provided I can find it ......
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ok thanks. I just thought I would throw on some new springs when I put the seals on so I didn't know the advantages and ect.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I would recommend crane's repl.springs,the're conical,kit includes retainers,keepers,single springs. lighter,& less weight. about the same price.......mick

Comment

Originally posted by miss vicky View Post
              I would recommend crane's repl.springs,the're conical,kit includes retainers,keepers,single springs. lighter,& less weight. about the same price.......mick
              The 'Beehive' springs. These springs are allowing for stupid amounts of lift with very small valvesprings, I will not build another engine unless I can use a set.

Comment

Working...
              X