No announcement yet.

My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay. i just didnt know if it would mess with the 302 internals since its a 351W cam... i might think about getting that cam now
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Some 302 and 351W parts interchange.

Justin (phayzer5) used that exact cam in his old 302 and it was a real good runner.

Here's what it can do:

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

hm, that TV cable geometry looks really bad. Its like bent downward. Yeah i know I'm a dash of cold water on any party.

I like the seats tho, what are they out of? Looks almost like LSC seats, but not quite. Supercoupe perhaps?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

is it the tanish one your looking at ??? if it is that is the cruise control thing, the TV cable is right behind that, i just havent got the cruise control hooked up yet...and the seats are aftermarket, i found them in a lifted jeep at the junkyard for $45
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Great Work!! Do you have a 140 mph speedo?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

MGM's except the 90-91's have a different style of instrument cluster so the CVPI 140 speedo won't work, he'd need to replace the entire thing to have a 140 speedo.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

yea i wish the grand marquis came with a 140 speedo...but wasnt there a police marquis that had one or is that just myth ??? and could u get a canadian speedo and re-gear it to the U.S. gearing ???

Comment

might be done for now

ok, now i think we might be done unless dad finds something else to do, besides the cam in the near future. here's some current pics with the trim that dad cut to start and end with the side window. plus we got it pinstriped in silver which makes it stick out now.

let me know what cha think

enjoy
                  Attached Files

Comment

1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                    Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                    Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Looks pretty good; you done well. But it would look better with an '88-'91 front clip...
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Looks Great! I love it!

Putting on a 88-91 front clip will only cheapen the looks of that beautiful beast.

Comment

oooh..I love the interior mang! awesome job!
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

+1 on the interior!

I have another dumb question ... how do you remove the coach lights? I was looking at my B-pillars from the inside and couldn't find any access to fasteners for the lights, so I'm guessing you have to carefully pry the lens out and access to junk is under there.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the lights are held on by 2 philip screws under the chrome caps at the end of the lights

Comment

Gotcha. Must be kind of like how the fender-mounted antenna base is attached (or was, in my case ). Slightly weird, but it works.
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X