My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Okay... My car is basically done now. I started with a highly oxidized car, i bet it wasnt washed in 5 years, there was thick dirt all over it. It took me a week to buff it out just to make it shine a little bit...... Then i started Building it a little bit, took away the crappy CFI and did a Carb conversion on it. Then i did a Slicktop conversion on it,took me about a month to get the colors matched to my likings, i think it came out very nice... Then it took me a while to finally put my New GT40P heads on it and got Ford Racing shorty headers for it. It really helped out on the seat of the pants experience. And then i put in a 3.55 Lokar rearend and that definetly gave it more take off power. We made sustom 2.5" side-exit exhaust with shorty glasspacks...We also did a 3G alternator swap on it. And then we made a custom center-console...And i think thats about it lol... If u have any questions just ask me...thanks and enjoy.

And to Sum it all up...

Mods:
    Carburetor Conversion
    Weiand Stealth intake
    Holley 600 CFM
    HEI Dist.
    Accel 8mm plug wires
    Braided steel hoses
    3G Alternator
    2.5" custom-exhaust
    3.55 Loker rear
    Gt40P heads
    FRPP Gt40P Headers
    Slicktop
    Custom Center Console
    Attached Files
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

forgot one
    Attached Files
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Badass.
      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
      sigpic

Comment

Very Nice!

Looks like that slicktop conversion came out pretty nice. So you and your dad did all the Bodywork and Painting yourselves?

Comment

Wow, dude. That car looks incredible!!!!

The seats and console with floor shift are cool too

I see you used a stock appearing TV cable for your setup, too. What did it come off of? Got that TV pressure set nice and high??
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sweet ride

That is a great looking car! What do you think about the GT40P's? I have heard they are the slick ticket for low end torque on the cheap, esp. if you get a good cam.

Any tips on cam grinds or headers? You look like you've got a similar engine package to what I am building. I want to get EFI though.

Comment

Good call, when you going to change the cam? Or have you already?

A 351W firing order 4X4 cam would rock with those heads in our heavy cars...
              Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 06-15-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys,

LTDMan83- yes we did everything ourself and this was the first time my dad sprayed with a spraygun.

Grand Marquis GT- the tv cable i beleive came off a 96-97 marquis i believe, and we set the pressure per some online instruction we found. have no gauge yet.
                no we haven't put in a cam in yet, it will happen just need more $$$

FarmerBen- it does feerl alot different off the line, on the headers you only limited to 2 manufactures for the gt40p heads, ones from FRPP or mac, there both pricey if you ask me.

no thoughts on the cam yet, my dad called both crane and comp and got some suguestions and part # but need th money now.

Grand marquis gt- if i went that route on the cam, what would i need to ask/look for as in application and year.

i think i got them all answered

Thanks
                Last edited by Bowman85merc; 06-15-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Looks like I'm going slicktop one of these days, That looks amazing mang

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                  My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Sweet mang I love the slicktop looks great you have one bad ass two door

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Bowmang, here's what you need.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...3&autoview=sku

Also, a good shift kit in the trans, mustang HO governor, and looser converter (2000 stall) would benefit you greatly. Be sure to advance this cam 4 degrees when you install it!

Comment

thanks, ive called Comp Cams and Crane Cams and asked what they would recommend for my application,i think i might go with comp cams, but i've never really heard about putting a 4x4 cam in, wouldnt that mess with my crank or somthing ??? but i am planning on putting a shift kit in

Comment

The 351W firing order is the stang HO firing order.

Just change some plug wires around. It's actually smoother running than a Lopo.

The 4X4 cam will have lots of torque, too!

Comment

Simply stunning!
                            1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                            Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                            Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

A 4x4 cam just means that it's designed to make torque in the low end of the power spectrum, the cam is not designed differently for 2WD and 4WD applications other than duration and lift.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X