No announcement yet.

My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, got the Transmission Cooler installed today, went decently smooth, the only problem was getting the TP/Police tranny line on, it has the barbs for the cooler lines, so it was a necessity for a right hook-up. So far it seems to work great, no leaks as of yet. We also put the original "H" line for the tranny, it like a bypass thing im guessing.

I think these will work good, hopefully its a worthy upgrade and not just a waste of time lol

But here are the pics, enjoy.
    Attached Files
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Geesh, this thread is really dusty lol.

Some Updates !!!

Well first off, I want to thank Colin (Mr.Landyacht), for selling me This Summit 600CFM Carb. for a very nice price, and shipping was very fast, had no problems.

But here it is, Model SUM-M08600VS, Vac secondary carb but is 600cfm with a working electric choke.

And now, I have this secret box...

And look whats inside !!!

Two, yes two, 2-door vent shades, I got lucky on these, Thanks to 87gtvic for posting the link

Heres under-hood pic, everything is all dusty, I put a new breather lid on, the other one looked like someone sneezed all over it.

Oh, here are some PI Lower rear control arms I got a while back, I have some plans for these in the future...

Thanks...
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

love to get a carb on my GM i hate the CFI. I am going to see if i could be the first one to figure out how to make a cfi work like new, starting with a new TPS. if that doesn't do it then i will replace the EEC-III computer with a brand new one.

Love your Merc looks identical to mine except for color and slicktop which i wouldn't mind turning mine into.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Nice. Glad someone got'em. Here is mine Same part number which is a plus!

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Badass aircleaner setup. Where did you get that?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

coming along great mang I like the vent shades

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks for the responses !!!

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                love to get a carb on my GM i hate the CFI. I am going to see if i could be the first one to figure out how to make a cfi work like new, starting with a new TPS. if that doesn't do it then i will replace the EEC-III computer with a brand new one.
                Love your Merc looks identical to mine except for color and slicktop which i wouldn't mind turning mine into.
                Good luck, and thanks.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Yea, im glad I finally got a pair, I have been looking for these for sooo long lol.
                You havent installed yours yet have you ???

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Badass aircleaner setup. Where did you get that?
                Custom

Thanks.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                coming along great mang I like the vent shades

Thanks, me too !!! lol

Comment

No. I am going to use the clips that slip behind the window channel weatherstripping to install them though. No way am I going to drill into the door for vent visors.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

was this a base 2 door GM or a 2 door LS GM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

was this a base 2 door GM or a 2 door LS GM.
                      Grand Marquis LS, it has just about every option you would want.

Comment

even had a tripminder. those were rare. Looking for one for my GM.

Comment

even had a tripminder. those were rare. Looking for one for my GM.
                          Nope, thats one of only a couple I dont have.

I'd say the rarest option on mine is my rear-mounted antenna.

I personally have never seen another one.

Comment

ive seen the rear mount antenna before but, it is rare. ive been tempted to put the standard mast antenna on the rear of GMGT like the new panthers

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              ive seen the rear mount antenna before but, it is rare. ive been tempted to put the standard mast antenna on the rear of GMGT like the new panthers

Yea, I like it, it makes it alot easier to change the antenna lol. I like the electric antennas better than the stationary ones, to me it makes it look more sleek.

------

But, I went to the dyno again a yesterday !!! This was on a Mustang Dyno.

It went pretty smooth, I have a very good HP and Torque curve, much better than last time., did about what I expected it to do, except torque was just monsterous.

HP: 170.8
                              Torque: 257.4

Then, at 65 mph, when I stomped it, torque maxed out at 357 ft/lbs. of torque. Then the entimated Crank HP is ~230.

This was with A/C still hooked up also.

---
                              My old results:

HP:147.3
                              Torque:228.9

Without A/C hooked up.

So I gained:
                              HP:23.5
                              Torque:28.5

I will be dyno-ing it again tomorrow, but this time on a dynojet dyno, just to see the differences.

If you have problems opening it, let me know, i'll change it to something other than pdf tomorrow.

Heres the sheets. The 1st one is the old sheet, the 2nd is the new one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice gain for sure. I also placed the scans in for easy viewing.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X