front bumper replacement (56k!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front bumper replacement (56k!)

My dad and I got around to changing out my bumper on Sunday, and now the Deuce looks like a completely different car!

For those of you who didn't know, it appears that I was hit out at the local Wal-Mart or Meijer a little over a month ago. Here's the damage. Bent bumper, broken corner lens, and a slightly damaged fender.

I did sand down the fender and bend it back some, I'll be doing the body work hopefully in the next few weeks on that. But I did get a new bumper, $110 shipped. I kept the bumper pads off, and put the license plate up on the dash.

Now I just need to replace my rear bumper, and both ends will be good. The car was rear-ended by one of my friends in his mom's Astro, so it's got a crease down the middle of it. I'll post when I get the rest of the work done on the front...
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Looks nice! Can barely tell where the rubber blocks are supposed to be. Was the replacement bumper brand-new or something?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

very clean. new chrome is always exciting......oh look something shiny.....................

I just realized. did your car come with the clear signal lenses?

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

110 shipped?? where did you get that from, i need a new front bumper too, oh and do you know if you can take those two plastic gaurds off of an existing bumper and put them on a new one?
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

the uprights on the bumper bolt on with one bolt form behind, and one bolt from under neath
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yep, bumper was brand new, found it on eBay actually, lol. It's the shell only, so you have to reuse the rest of it. The bumper guards do just bolt on the inside and on the bottom.

My car came with the amber lenses, but Pete sent me the full set of clears for $100, but I took them apart and restored them. I just painted them black instead of silver on the inside, lol.

Comment

That bumper offers a clean look. Really nice, and woohoo for nice shiny chrome...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
                Yep, bumper was brand new, found it on eBay actually, lol. It's the shell only, so you have to reuse the rest of it.
                What do you mean by the shell?

Comment

All I see are "rechromed" bumpers for around the price your saying, was the one you bought rechromed??
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The shell of the bumper is just the chrome piece you see. Behind that, there is an inner support with the mounting brackets that you'd need to save off the original bumper. The whole works bolts together.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They have a OEM Re-chrome front bumper on eBay now, the kind with the black strip. If the chrome is of a good enough quality, it would be worth the $150 shipped. There also is a company on there called Bumper Source, which has actually made Re-pop front bumpers for the 79-87, for $75 shipped. You would never catch me putting an aftermarket Body Part on my car though....

Comment

I think mine was a rechromed one... but it looks like it's brand new. You couldn't even tell, lol.

Comment

I am still in search or a stripless rear bumper.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                            I am still in search or a stripless rear bumper.
                            you mean like this?
                            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

EXACTLY like that.
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X