"Parts Galore" run, June 21st **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Parts Galore" run, June 21st **DUW**

I went out of my way to go to "Parts Galore" on Saturday, and brought along a camera. Enjoy!

Of course, I wouldn't be a true Ford Guy if I didn't snap some pix of other Ford iron...

This'n is a bit uncommon...and it wasn't in the yard yet:

And...I have to admit it: I do admire cars other than Fords. Here are a few that caught my eye (If the mods want me to remove these pix, I'd certainly do so) :

Hope ya' liked the photos! I'm enjoying this new camera...

-Rob
    1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
    Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
    Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

did you pull that shiny rear bumper?
    gmgt will give you a reward mang if it's as good as it looks in the pic

i think that odd blue car is a 60 edsel.....i may be wrong

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hmmm...reward? :heyhey: I didn't pull it, but I may be going back there again this Saturday. Since I don't have a box, I was more looking at the "overall condition", rather than at individual parts, other than that 1" swaybar... That Marq struck me as very clean, other than the dents on the body.

I'll drop Tom a PM about it...

As for the blue car, I'm also thinking it is an Edsel...that'd make a sweet looking cruiser! I love the look of the 60 Edsels.

-Rob
      Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
      Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

That red Fairmont looks impressively straight, and the LTD above it could be worse. Me needy a Fox sedan one of these days!!!!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

you oughta to pull that swaybar and hang onto it.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

WOW its paridise, i like that 79 in the first pic, bumpes look mint

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
              WOW its paridise, i like that 79 in the first pic, bumpes look mint
              Good catch, I didn't even notice that was a '79! Wonder if my wife would let me take a ride out there and fetch that ....
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

my yards suck a fat one. i hate you :p
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I'll pass on the bumper, someone could prob use it on their grand marq. Thanks though!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It's up in the air if I'll be going back this weekend, so if any of you Michigan guys were thinking of hitting up the yard, here's the info:
                    Parts Galore LLC
                    (313) 245-2944
                    11360 E 8 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48205

The 79 marquis is NOT in the Ford section; it is in the section w/ the old cars. Last I heard, if the car is put in the "old stuff" section, it stays there indefinitely.

-Rob

Comment

Nice Pics!

I do want that '79 Rear bumper, I've wanted one since I first noticed that they didn't have the Black Push Blocks in them.

If you go back and pull it for me, I'll make sure that your rewarded for your efforts.

Comment

I want the yellow Waynes World car, whatever it is
                        sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                        Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                        Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                        1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                          I do want that '79 Rear bumper, I've wanted one since I first noticed that they didn't have the Black Push Blocks in them.
                          If you go back and pull it for me, I'll make sure that your rewarded for your efforts.
                          Hmmm...Drop me a PM and we can work out the details.

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                            did you pull that shiny rear bumper?
                            gmgt will give you a reward mang if it's as good as it looks in the pic

i think that odd blue car is a 60 edsel.....i may be wrong
                            Good eye, Scott. And the one before it was '59 Edsel. I always loved the oddball stuff.
                            Mike

Comment

you want the amc pacer?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X