Console, floor shifter, and 70's bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console, floor shifter, and 70's bucket seats

I just bought a 72 Cougar console, which I intend to dye blue to match the vic's blue interior. Also, scott has a set of Cougar bucket seats which I am going to get an upholstry kit for. I am just waiting for scott to go harvest that floor shifter and trans hump out of that thunderbird in the boneyard, and i'll be good to go!

The goal is to make it look like it came this way from the factory. We shall see!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
    I just bought a 72 Cougar console, which I intend to dye blue to match the vic's blue interior. Also, scott has a set of Cougar bucket seats which I am going to get an upholstry kit for. I am just waiting for scott to go harvest that floor shifter and trans hump out of that thunderbird in the boneyard, and i'll be good to go!

The goal is to make it look like it came this way from the factory. We shall see!

It's only going to lead to tears, I tell you.

Comment

Personally, I think it could turn out really nice. Looking forward to seeing pics of this interior project!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

And of course, if the AOD ever gives up the ghost, expect to see a hurst shifter poking through the floor

Comment

sounds cool, the center console i have is out of a mustang II, i think it was pretty easy and came out fairly nice, but what does the cougar consol look like ???
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
            sounds cool, the center console i have is out of a mustang II, i think it was pretty easy and came out fairly nice, but what does the cougar consol look like ???
            That reminds me, where did you post those pics of your interior?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have a couple in my readers rides thread, thats the only one i have with the console in it, i think lol
              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I wish I knew what those parts looked like off the top of my head.

And I thought you were going for the old school stock look with GMGT instead of the Vic. What's the themem going to be with GMGT then?
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Slightly modified.

I got crank windows on the way for GMGT, let's just say that. If this console works out well, GMGT's getting one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                    And of course, when the AOD gives up the ghost, expect to see a hurst shifter poking through the floor
                    Fixed.

If it had a 5 speed in it Tom, it would be way too close to being absolutely perfect.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

That should turn out nice Tom!
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Just skip the AOD nonsense and go right to the 5 speed.
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

AOD is fresh, and stronger than a T5 anyway.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sweet! A '72 Cougar Console would look nice in there if done right.

Comment

Hell yeah mang thats gonna be sweet!
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X