Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it done ???

lol
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

:bump:

Ok, the PI buckets are in. Retro, baby!!

Here's a pic with the console test fitted. I am going to source a 86-back mustang floor shifter for the console. I think it will look great, and damned near factory. The console needs a little fiberglass work, to really look like it belongs. Nothing I can't do

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Looks good there. That clock gonna function?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yessir.

The tripminder will be too busy being a tripminder, and the stereo will be too busy being a stereo to tell the time

Also, looking at one of these for the console then the time comes:
          http://www.restoremustangs.com/Plug-...lder-1396.html

Cause it sucks not having cupholders. And these are pretty nice, i've seen them in another 71-73 cougar.

Comment

Looks good! I have to wonder whether a Mustang II console might fit the floorpan better, though.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It would fit better, but the MII console is designed for a hand-op parking brake.

Comment

I think the console looks great, i would love to have one if i had buckets.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I love the way it's going to look. Then again, if I had a car with a bench seat, it would be begging a hurst shifter sticknig out of the floor with no console :evil:

Comment

That, my good sir, is pretty fucking cool. I'd rawk it in a second.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Awesome buckets, Tom. They are the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of sitting in for long distances, and I've been in a lot of cars. Of course, your backside and thighs are probably unlike mine, but hopefully you fit them well, too.

Are you going to mod them at all to get mangs into the back seat, or is this ride going to primarily be a 2-person car?

Comment

:lol: Remember, TOTCG, the only "mod" they need for that is removing the bolt at the base of the seatback!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          :lol: Remember, TOTCG, the only "mod" they need for that is removing the bolt at the base of the seatback!
                          If you're used to GMs and having the seat back flop forward every time you hit the brakes, that is. I would think Tom would be annoyed by that as well. Probably a lot of work to do it right. I know the P72 rarely had anyone in the back seat, and I'm thinking Project 79 might be the same way.

Comment

On the floor shifter thing, use a T-bird one instead of a Mustang or Mark VII one - the T-bird is a very sturdy piece with nothing that breaks easy, quite unlike the Mustang and Mark VII units. Also, the T-bird can easily have the gates modified so you have just a slide action between OD and 3rd, instead of the typical halfway pushing the button in and then sliding it.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                              If you're used to GMs and having the seat back flop forward every time you hit the brakes, that is. I would think Tom would be annoyed by that as well. Probably a lot of work to do it right. I know the P72 rarely had anyone in the back seat, and I'm thinking Project 79 might be the same way.
                              Hm. Well, I could sort of see where that could be an issue if you're always smacking on the brakes hard without a seatbelt on. I ran my '81 full bench seat in the wagon for a couple months just for the heck of it, and its non-flipforward latches are broken and I never noticed any issues.

Comment

I've never had a 2-door ford where the latches on the seats actually worked. I think if they did it would be more of an annoyance!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                                1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                                X