Front coil springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front coil springs

I am looking for PI front coil springs, I have looked through the stickys, and went through all then links, but cant find any the same rate as the PI springs.

I think 925 is going to be a little to stiff, but i think the 700 lb/in will work fine.

Where can I find 700 lb/in springs for the front of my 88?

thanks

Also, I have looked on NAPA, advance, and autozones websites and all of them seem to be in the 3-400 lb/in spring rate

Comment

98 grand marquis

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

good deal, thanks.

Comment

i used a 98 PI for springs. the PI springs are gonna be a little stiffer
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Where did you find 98 PI springs?

Comment

Also, did you cut any coils, or did you leave them the way you got them?

Comment

i got mine from the dealer, and i just ran them stock

nevermind, i forgot, it was rear springs that i bought
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Rockauto shows some front heavy duty coils (5851220)with a wire diameter of .781" and that is the same as my used 1989 PI coils from the junkyard.

Comment

read the spring stickys

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I did read the spring stickys But when I followed the links I coulndt find any spring rates of 700lb/in

Comment

Originally posted by 89mercury View Post
                        Rockauto shows some front heavy duty coils (5851220)with a wire diameter of .781" and that is the same as my used 1989 PI coils from the junkyard.
                        Awesome, thats exactly what i awas looking for, and a decent price as well.

Thanks

Comment

89 PIs have pretty soft springs compareed to the later years. All box springs are pretty darn soft. Gonna want some 98-02 springs.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I got mine for a 98 at bennet auto parts. They are moog's IIRC. Cant remember the part number off hand I'll have to look it up.
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS
                            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

1992-2002 Police Interceptor front coils are 700lb/in, just what you want
                              p/n: D9AZ-5310-AN
                              They run a little over $100 a pop retail at the dealer. Cheaper if you order online, ie Fordparts.com or similar.
                              They may want a suspension code - give them "NN" for the front. Which translates to spring catchcode NUL, which the number above is for.

For just a bit more $$ you can have custom springs made to your specs - rate and ride height (from stock) however you want. Coilsprings.com is where I got mine.

Keep in mind, if you use worn/used coil springs they will not be as stiff or have the same ride height as brand new.

98 grand marquis
                              A '98 Marquis would have only 440lbs/in front coil springs. Unless it's an HPP, in which case like all '92-'02 HPPs 540lbs/in - still short of his 700lbs/in target though.
                              -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                              My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                              Modifications
                              Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X