No announcement yet.

Nathan's 2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome deal! It is just getting broke in with that mileage. Congrats!
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Very nice. Does it have the plastic intake yet? If so, get yourself to a dealer to get it swapped. The class action suit only goes for stuff 7 years old or less.

Damn nice find for the price. Does it seem to have any obvious mechanical maladies so far? Runs and drives OK ?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very nice. Does it have the plastic intake yet? If so, get yourself to a dealer to get it swapped. The class action suit only goes for stuff 7 years old or less.

Damn nice find for the price. Does it seem to have any obvious mechanical maladies so far? Runs and drives OK ?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

$750 - is that from an auction? Looks great!

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice nate looks great for 750 your left headlight looks a little foggy lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Great pics!!! Be way cool if you can possibly get that thing to Indiana in a couple weeks ...

How does the single-stage red look in person? I'm not impressed with the color itself so far, but I'm sure it could use a little buffing and junk.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

youll need 2 "plastic rivets" from the parts counter to put the license plate holder on, i had to put mine back on a few times after hitting animals and gas meters int he driveway

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post

Nope, intake has been replaced. Runs and drives perfectly except that it needs new brakes (the pedal is pulsing when I hit it; not sure if the pads are just worn down or if it's gonna need new rotors as well) and it's currently running on 7 cylinders because I washed the engine and apparently got water down in one of the COPs.

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                      $750 - is that from an auction? Looks great!
                      No, it was from a private seller. The guy I bought it from runs a business that services the computers and cash registers for places like McDonalds, I guess, and they use these things as fleet vehicles to send their techs all over the country. They bought this one with almost exactly 100,000 miles on it, and they normally run 'em to about 200,000. Sold this one off a little early, I guess. Anyway, he said that when they sell a car, they just price it low so that it sells fast and they don't have to deal with it for extended periods of time. Also, he pointed out that pricing it low means that the buyers are less likely to come back a few weeks later and complain if something breaks.

Originally posted by gabegt90
                      Nice nate looks great for 750 your left headlight looks a little foggy lol
                      Yeah, that one's pretty well done for. I'll get a new set of headlight housings off of eBay, and I'll probably just spring for an HID conversion and set it up with relays as well. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's poor headlights.

Originally posted by 1987cp
                      Great pics!!! Be way cool if you can possibly get that thing to Indiana in a couple weeks ...

How does the single-stage red look in person? I'm not impressed with the color itself so far, but I'm sure it could use a little buffing and junk.
                      Thanks for the compliments on the photos. As for getting it to Indiana, that's a big "we'll see" at this point.

I like the red all right, and it's really in pretty good shape except for a few spots. It certainly looks a lot better now than it did when I brought it home. When I bought it, it looked like the thing had never had a wax job since it was painted. A good rub down with some Turtle Wax made a HUGE difference. I think the next time I wash it, I'll wax it again just in case I missed any spots, and to see if I can squeeze any more shine out of it.

Originally posted by DANARCHY
                      youll need 2 "plastic rivets" from the parts counter to put the license plate holder on, i had to put mine back on a few times after hitting animals and gas meters int he driveway
                      Unfortunately, the front license plate and bracket are missing altogether--I don't have them to put back on. Wonder if any cops are gonna give me grief for not having a front plate...

Thanks for all the compliments, guys!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                        I'll get a new set of headlight housings off of eBay, and I'll probably just spring for an HID conversion and set it up with relays as well. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's poor headlights.
                        HIDs draw less current than incandescent bulbs. No relays needed unless you have a relay fetish or something. Unsatisfactory nighttime illumination was the #2 reason for me to let go of my MK8.

Comment

Very nice! You have no plans to mod yet........ Shiiiiiyyyet.... thats why I bought my KIA. Sure, I COULD have bought a cheaper panther but I know that even with a 750 buck vic, I'da put well over 5K in all the mods Id do. I have no desire to touch the kia except for maintnace. Pretty soon you'll be dreamin of shit to do while you lay in bed tryin to sleep, next thing you know you're on the crapper looking at stuff in the ford section of Summit magazine deciding on what you want first. It happens every time.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Honestly i'm jealous at the deal you got, very nice.

I don't quite understand the window tint thing, i've never had trouble seeing through darkly tinted windows. My truck has the maximum tint legal here in Kansas and I have no problem seeing out, but I guess i'm used to it.

And like you said before I know you won't keep the exhaust quiet. You gonna rig it so you don't run cats and get some Mustang......I mean Flowmaster mufflers?
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thank you for Posting those detailed pics! Pehaps i can figure out what I'm missing from the fron of mine!
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

The mismatched headlights make me wonder if the thing's been wrecked before.

That said, looks like you got an amazing deal. Wish I could've stumbled onto one of those back when I was looking for something like that... or even still, since my girlfriend is car shopping currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X