Nathan's 2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan's 2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"

Here's the little beauty I picked up for $750 on Saturday (6/28/08). 183,000 miles on it, and it's in remarkable shape. The name actually came from my uncle, who saw it and asked, "So, when did you get the fire engine?" Seemed appropriate enough to me. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

Just as an item of interest, this car has been repainted, but it wasn't just the cheapie Maaco paint job. Whatever body shop did it did a VERY nice job on it. Note the painted door jambs and underside of the trunk lid:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Looking good, Nate! You thinking you'll get any tint? I think it'd look Hella sharp with a 50% all the way around.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nah, I'm not much of a fan of window tint--it makes it a bit difficult to see out the side windows for checking the blind spot. Plus, I'm trying to not put lots of money into this car--it's just a driver, not a project. At least, that's the case at this point...

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah. I guess it doesn't get all that hot up there anyway. Tint down here is almost a necessity.
        That said, the Ranger will probably never get the treatment.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nice score man! Looks really good for only $750.
          1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
          1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Trak lok? Leave the car as it mang. I guess big red cars aren't all that bad.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The axle code on the door sticker is X5, which as far as I know is 3.27 Trak-Lok. Our '98 service manual has different codes in it, though, so I'm not absolutely positive, and I haven't checked the axle tag yet. Can anyone confirm that X5 is the 3.27 locker?

Comment

I know how you can tell if its a locker with ease...
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Hehehe...:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                    Hehehe...:evil:
                    Indeed... don't forget pics...

Comment

Comment

:lol:

I am going to hate myself in the morning for even suggesting this but here I go anyways; Marauder spoiler and 2003 Cobra wheels?

Packman

Comment

Hey, you buy 'em and get the spoiler painted Ford Ranger red and I'll gladly install them...

Comment

Ya know, I just saw Pirate's 17" Magnum 500 wheel thread. How about it huh? C'mon, ya know you want it.

Packman

Comment

Nice! Looks like a really good deal for $750.

Comment

Working...
                              X