No announcement yet.

Barge-body chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose that makes a bicycle akin to a pair of water wings, then...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Any barge owners here??
      I got a '71 Merc Marquis sitting in my yard with no title. So I have a barge but I don't really own it as far as the DMV is concerned.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

No title?? That blows...So what will become of it?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got a 77 LTD 4dr with a 400. been sittin alot with the high gas prices.
          70 F250 Camper Special
          77 Ltd
          81 Tbird
          85 Grand Marquis

Comment

I suppose it will be junked eventually because the weather is beginning to take it's toll. It's got a solid body and frame, but the impossible to find interior parts are shot.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If he hangs onto it for long enough, I will be taking it off his hands. My mom's fiancee wants the 429 that is in it, and then is gonna give me the body/frame for free. It's not a sure thing as of right now, but I hope it comes through.

Comment

Ask Cowman??????
                2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

" i think the 70 and older full size cars were unit body".......all full size fords and mercury's were body on frame....basically a longer wheelbase version of the panther frame....65 to 68 were 119 in wheelbase...69-70 were 121 in.....only real differences between that frame and a panther is wheelbase...front crossmember is slightly different ...and the frame ends were changed in 1974 for 5mph bumpers.....fuel tank mounts the same etc.....i also think there were slight differences in the front control arms...(length?....mounting?..)..if you had a 65 frame and a 85 frame sitting bare....they would probably look the same to the naked eye...(except the ends for the bumper pistons on the 85 )...hell the 65 takes the same shocks as the 91 does (monroe #5801 )

Comment

also...i do think there was some changes in the rear axle mounting...(geometry?....)

Comment

The barge chassis underneath is significantly different than the panther. Rear axle mounting is similar, but not quite the same. Front end is way different though. Instead of the double A arms, it has this dinky upper A arm, a lower single point mount arm, and a strut rod to locate it laterally. Its actually quite similar to the old truck Twin I Beam layout underneath, though the lower arms aren't as long.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ya..that sounds right..i knew there was a difference up front...but i couldnt remember exactly what it was...(i dont have my old 65 custom 500 to look at anymore...lol)

Comment

ya..that sounds right..i knew there was a difference up front...but i couldnt remember exactly what it was...(i dont have my old 65 custom 500 to look at anymore...lol)....and i cant remember...but i think the old barges had a panhard rod in the rear too?......i dont remember one on my old 70 xl convertabile...but im thinkin maybe the 65 had one......(sucks getting old...first thing to go is memory......i think....cant quite remember...its is the memory that goes first...right?....lol)

Comment

Working...
                          X