LTDMan's '87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX (The Blue Beast) *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

Missing a Bodyplug on the PS of the Firewall, this could be another possible leak point into the Interior. I installed another factory bodyplug into the hole.
    Where did you get that body plug????
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Plans have changed slightly.

I met a guy at work today that has a nice '69 Lincoln Continental Mark III for sale, in damn near immaculate condition. This is one of my all-time dream cars, and I just about shit after he showed me the pictures, and told me how cheap he is selling it for. It was his grandpas car, so he's not in a hurry to sell it to anyone, and just wants it to go to a good home first and foremost., which is why he thought to come and show me. I'm gonna try and work something out with him over the next few months, to buy the car off of him.

So, it looks like as of now, that this project is gonna be put on hold until sometime next year.

I would also be willing to sell the car as-is, to anyone on GMN that wanted to come and get it, along with the extremely mint Brown Velour Interior, and all the parts that I have collected for the car. It is now in good enough mechanical condition that it could make a 200-300mi trip no prob.

Regardless of what happens with the Mark III, If no one buys this car between now and then, I will be starting back on it again sometime in early-mid 2010. My Merc has stolen all of my Box Love, for now.
      As the time line gets closer, let me know. I'll see what I can do, thanks
      sigpic
      Current Rides
      67 Cougar XR7
      97 Mountaineer 5.0
      03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Where did you get that body plug????
        My parts car. I harvested an entire sandwich bag full of good pliable Body Plug's from that creampuff.

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
        As the time line gets closer, let me know. I'll see what I can do, thanks
        No prob, I will keep the thread updated as to whats going on, or you can PM me anytime if you have any questions about the car. Until then, it will be sitting here, safe and sound in my Car Sanctuary.

Comment

The Project is now back on.

Well, I went to check out the Mark III yesterday, and it turns out that it was a originally a NY car, before coming down south, and upon inspecting the Undercarriage it was structurally very heavily rusted. It looked really good and solid on the exterior, but that was only because someone had did an excellent job of covering up its flaws and rusted areas. I love those cars, and they really are rare pieces to find in any condition, but I'm intelligent enough to know when a bad purchase is about to happen. In short, I ran for the hills. Maybe one day I will find the one I am searching for, until then it looks like it will just be boxes for me. Not that I'm complaining.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it looks like this Project is back on!, but it is now gonna be a little more exciting for me to build, and to own as a car, because I've decided to go in a slightly different direction, and a lot bigger with the Drivetrain/Suspension/Chassis of this beast.

Yesterday, I realized the reason why I am not so psyched on this project as of late, and getting kind of bored with it, is because I was not going Big enough with it, and not doing something original like I wanted to. That is over now.

I won't get into the exact details just yet, because I'm not sure all of what I'll be doing. I'll just say that this car will be at around 450-500HP/TQ at the wheels, and the Driveline/Chassis/Suspension will be heavily beefed up to accommodate all that power, by the time that I am done.

For now the restoration will continue, while I make plans and save money for the Carb'ed and possibly Supercharged Monster that will be going in there. :evil:

Comment

awesome. I am glad you did not purchase the Mark III because this project sounds wicked now.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Too bad about the MKIII. I once saw a '63 Conti in a JY in seemingly good shape; unfortunately at the time, I wasn't looking for a car. I love the early to mid '60s Contis.

I thought you building a rodded CV of some sort. Good luck with the mods mang!!!

Packman

Comment

Yea, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have little to no use for a dedicated Showcar/Trailer Queen. I really don't have alot of free time anyway to go to Car Shows, and the free time that I do have I would rather spend working on cars.

So now with this project I'm gonna concentrate more on performance, than small aesthetic details which very few people other than me will be able to appreciate anyway. The car will still be built with the attention to detail that I always put into anything I do, I'm just not gonna drive myself Insane with trying to get EVERYTHING absolutely perfect now, and concentrate more on what actually makes a car fun to own, and drive.

Stay Tuned.

Last edited by LTDMan83; 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I really don't have alot of free time anyway to go to Car Shows, and the free time that I do have I would rather spend working on cars.

That's my greatest fear with painting my mom's CV; I'll actually have to wash and wax the car to keep the paint maintained. Though if I get the motor that I want built and installed, it will be tolerable.

Actually, you have a good plan though. You have the restored box for shows and for display at your shop and the cruiser/bruiser for tooling around in.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    That's my greatest fear with painting my mom's CV; I'll actually have to wash and wax the car to keep the paint maintained. Though if I get the motor that I want built and installed, it will be tolerable.

Actually, you have a good plan though. You have the restored box for shows and for display at your shop and the cruiser/bruiser for tooling around in.

Packman

Haha, yea, maintaining a nice paintjob can be a huge PITA. Like having to run outside and clean the car off everytime a Bird takes a shit on it. Which happens pretty often here. You eventually will grow to hate birds, like I have. Damn flying rats are only good for...:overkill:

Thanks. The exact plan is to turn the Merc into my Daily Driver/Sleeper, it's 302 will eventually be getting an upgrade to GT40 parts, and should be at around 250HP/350TQ. The LTD is gonna be the Show/Drag Car, which I'm gonna be putting most of my efforts into, and turning into a Super Panther, which hopefully will be at around 400-500HP/TQ by the time I'm done. My budget is the ONLY thing constraining me from going even bigger. I really need to get rich somehow.

Comment

Drag cars don't have coach roofs.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

This one will though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                          Drag cars don't have coach roofs.
                          Drag cars come in disguise some times...
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Looks like the Attention to Detail on this project is already starting to pay off, with fringe benefits.

A few guys who came and visited the shop recently, just happened to look out back, and be really impressed by the straight as an arrow LTD sitting out back, which lead to an hour long conversation, and eventually a business recommendation to a friend of the guy I was talking to. He called me today and we talked for awhile, and he now wants me to do the body alignment on his freshly painted '68 Camaro. So, now this project is actually serving to make me money, and not just take my money.

I like this car better already.
                            Last edited by LTDMan83; 05-20-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thats great to hear.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Making money = good. Making money as a result of personal car projects = stupendous!!!
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X