Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flyby

Dear Panthers,
    Got to visit briefly Sunday about 9 on my way home to Virginia from Canada w two sleepy teenagers and two sheepdogs. Festers were coming alive, finding coffee. Got to meet some legendary listers and as a wagonman beelined to two fine machines. A must have been garaged stock CP with 50k. Great car. Made my Boulevard Cruiser seem, er, battered. Also a CS set up for motocross with 17 inch wheels, suspension, 140 mph speedo and an exceptional engine compartment.

Great to put faces and cars to you all.

Donald McCaig

Was great to meet you to.

Good to see an old long roof so well loved...
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Good to see you again Donald, hopefully next time you can stay longer
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, it was a pleasure meeting you. The CP looked awesome!
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

It was also good to meet you and finally see the long haul wagon. Not to mention someone who also can justify an exorbinate amount of money on an old panther!
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Glad to meet you, Donald! Love the cruiser!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It was nice to meet you, and that car was beautiful. I hope to see you next year at SF '09!

Comment

sorry i missed you donald......i have been feeling under the weather.....glad you got to stop by!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I must have just missed you donald...! I didnt realize you had stopped by. Luckily Ive had the pleasure of meeting you before!

by the way - my roomate's girlfriend is reading one of your books as part of a class she's taking... you're famous!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                    by the way - my roomate's girlfriend is reading one of your books as part of a class she's taking... you're famous!
                    What ist this book thoust speaketh of?
                    2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

it was great meeting you in person donald it was great finalling seeing the crusier in person

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I forget what it was... she recognised Donald's name and his hobby... you can prolly find it if you google his name
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark View Post
                          What ist this book thoust speaketh of?

http://www.rhettbutlerspeople.com/

http://ugadog.com/bio/bios/1210686679bio.html
                          2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Rhett Butler's People looks like a good read, and is going to be released on my 26th birthday!

I'm going to pick it up.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I already have my autographed copy...

Woot!!!

Thanks Donald..

Payment is on the way...
                              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                              X