SF08 Refelections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF08 Refelections...

Well, I will start by saying it was nothing short of an incredible time. A major thanks to those that organized, funded, and helped make SF possible, especially Scott, Skippy, and the rest of the Skippyville crew.

I arrived on Friday night at 8 pm, too late for the races, which I regret, but there nonetheless. I left at around 12:20 this afternoon, and arrived home around 4:30. I got around 15-16 MPG's with the Red Box, with the vacuum advanmce disconnected, and with some 50+ mile stretches at 85+ MPH. I didn't think I'd be able to carry the speed on the way home, but I did . I was impressed with the mileage, especially considering there was no advance, and the car needs to be tuned up a little. I was planning on spending at least 150 in gas, but ended up only spending 100. The Red Box is a great car to drive on the hwy, when you are driving over 70; under that and I really start to see the need for some lower rear gears.

Good times though, that was for sure. From the ride to and from BK in the back of Sal's P71 (which has every police accessory available, and which he enjoys demonstrating) to watching Thain create a great fireball when the partially forzen turkey went into the fryer a little too quickly. The fried turkey was a great idea; kudos to the one that thought of that, and thanks to Thain for supplying the fryer. The hunt for the peanut oil was also rather entertaining, and the $60 for the oil was well worth it too!

The cruise, Centralia, the burnouts, EZ Pull, the food, firing GMGT (and previewing his parts), the high speed blast in Project79, the camp fire, and the excellent bonding time and conversation made the trip so worth it for me (I called out of work today so I could stay part of today). Actually meeting some of the members, and seeing the cars was awesome. I only got to ride in a few (Tom's '87, Thain's TC, and Ray's CP) but was impressed with the orginality and cleanliness of Ray's CP, the performance of Tom's '87, and the amount of time and work Thain has invested in Galactica. Whereas I didn't ride in Mike's wagon, I can say that it does indeed sound as awesome in person (the flyby in the cruise...), it does awesome burnouts, and is just an incredible car. Everyones car was unique in its own way.

I also learned why Rick is The Crazy Engine Builder... and not just The Engine Builder. The cruise back to Scott's, where Rick repeatedly flogged the Racebox were awesome. Also, the Racebox sounds really awesome too; more than a few times, one could hear it being revved up...

I wish Scottmang had felt better, but he was a great host nonetheless. He is a very colorful person, super friendly, and sleeps like no one else I have ever met. Despite numerous attempts to wake him, he remained sleeping for the JY run. Sorry I didn't get to say good bye in person Scott (I wouldn't have been able to wake you up anyway!), but I had an awesome time, and I really appreciate everything. Good luck with the dentist tomorrow...

My memorable moments:
    -The ride to BK with Sal and Dean, in the back of the P71, complete with the cage.
    -Meeting the whole crew the first night.
    -The camping, and camp fire... good stories and entertaining conversation.
    -The fried turkey... hell, the food in general.
    -The hunt for the Peanut Oil.
    -The turkey fireball.
    -Thain collapsing the chair at the camp fire... "grab my arm..."... I didn't know what was going on.
    -The cruise through the country, and Centralia.
    -Bill cutting off traffic in the wagon (and his crazy driving).
    -Sal stopping traffic with all of his police stuff.
    -Rick's crazy driving, and his stories (a really entertaining person).
    -My hunt for a car wash, which landed me a soaped car, but no wash. Water spotted the wheels right after I polished them!
    -The immense inventory of EZ pull.
    -The high speed blast down 209 in Tom's '87.
    -Sal pulling in with his car all lit up after Tom had just pulled in from a high speed blast.
    -Seneeb's one handed drifting in the turd; "Never put the camera down before I get out of the car!"
    -Scott making me a fake reciept for an excuse.

Ah, there are so many more things...

Thanks for making it a great weekend for me guys; I will definitely do my best to get there next year!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

-Sal pulling in with his car all lit up after Tom had just pulled in from a high speed blast.
    I can just see the looks on your faces....
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

It was great fun and good to meet everyone and see some very nice panthers. I'm glad I was able to come up for the full 4 days. Was also fun to go climb all over the steam shovel behind Skips.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Man that sounds like you mangs had a blast! Hell yea Glad everything was kick ass
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Well sounds like it was a blast. Next year I will make it my mission to go. I wanna expierince it myself.
          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Other than the moment of panic over the misplaced camera I think overall everyone had a good time. It was nice meeting those of you I hadn't met before, and I hope to see y'all again next year or sooner possibly.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Other than the moment of panic over the misplaced camera I think overall everyone had a good time. It was nice meeting those of you I hadn't met before, and I hope to see y'all again next year or sooner possibly.
              Lol the camera. That was really crazy. It was nice to stay longer than last year, almost having the entire scottfest experience. I loved meeting all of you and seeing you guys who I had met last year. I was glad to have been there. All the cars looked great, and Project79 was even cooler with life. Unlike last year where it was a shelf :p The camping was great, though I wish it hadn't rained lol. But all in all it was very fun for me and my dad. Next year I'll try to keep up with the convoy, I will be driving Vicky there. Though she will not be a fast car, I will make sure that she doesn't stray too far away from the rest of you guys.

Comment

It was a lot of fun. I am glad Laura was there with me this year. I am very tired though and very happy that I get to sleep in my own bed! I am uploading pictures, although I have to figure out how to load them on here. So I may get them up and I may not. Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by rietan01 View Post
                  It was a lot of fun. I am glad Laura was there with me this year. I am very tired though and very happy that I get to sleep in my own bed! I am uploading pictures, although I have to figure out how to load them on here. So I may get them up and I may not. Haha!
                  It was nice meeting you, Chris, and Nick too. I hope to see you guys next year. Hopefully with a Panther Hmmm??

Comment

yeah probably with a Panther next year. We could have brought mine with its 238,000 + miles but Chris wanted to do some maintenance before we brought it that far and he didn't get to it before the trip. Both of his are torn apart though.

Comment

Originally posted by rietan01 View Post
                      yeah probably with a Panther next year. We could have brought mine with its 238,000 + miles but Chris wanted to do some maintenance before we brought it that far and he didn't get to it before the trip. Both of his are torn apart though.
                      I didn't know you had a panther, whatcha got? Any pics? And yeah, it's a shame the 2 door and the towny are down.

Comment

yeah I do. I have a '95 Grand Marquis. I have had it for 4 or 5 years now. I got it with 130,000 miles for $3,000 and now it has 238,000 and running great. It's maroon. I have pics and I thought I still had them on here but I don't see them. I will find them later.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Ah shit, that

Laura says thanks to all who helped, even though we "misplaced" it!!!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

sorry i wasnt feeling better guys.....i have the dentist appt in the morning

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                              sorry i wasnt feeling better guys.....i have the dentist appt in the morning
                              Let us know how that goes mang

Comment

Working...
                              X