SF08 Refelections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Panthers,
    Interstate. Top speed (cc & gps) 75.5. 20/21 mpg. Go faster/get less.

Donald McCqig

Comment

Originally posted by Mangjura View Post
      Well I would absolutely love to But I gotta make sure I will have enough for the gas. I mean hell just to go to Morocco IN it took be about 3/4 of a tank !!!
      You can ride with me as long as I don't buy an MX-5, 911, or something else incredibly small anytime soon. Hopefully we can caravan out with Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by yucatec View Post
        Dear Panthers,
        Interstate. Top speed (cc & gps) 75.5. 20/21 mpg. Go faster/get less.

Donald McCqig
        Yea see there's my problem. On my trip to US41 dragway in Morocco I was going between 90 & 100 somethin ( my speedo only goes to 85) but it was FULLY barried. One of these days I'll find out my Baby's top speed.

I know , I know I NEED to slow down! I just can't help it I REALLY LOVE to go REALLY fast.

If I run with "caravan" I'll stay at the same (or close to the same) speed as everyone else. I would kinda have to I have no idea where the hell I'm goin anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

East like a mofo.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Whenever I do long runs, I just stick with traffic. If I notice an 18 wheeler cooking along nicely, I'll tail him and save a little fuel. I ran across Ohio at 75 making 24 mpg behind a FedEx double. It doesn't really pay to go screaming through traffic, especially on a long highway run. It costs too much in fuel, and the potential ticket is definitely not worth it.

Also I don't think yucatec meant that the top speed on his wagon is 75.5 mph, only that was the fastest he was driving. I know that car runs way too well to have a top speed of only 75.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gofast

Dear Panthers,
              Dunno what the Boulevard Cruiser's top speed is. Guess? 110. I'm a geezer. When I wasn't, I drove Detroit/NYC in my Sunbeam Tiger in 6 1/2 hrs. Probably couldn't do that today w/o aircraft overhead spotting smokies.

On some Dakota runs I've probably topped 100/

So okay. It's fun to gofast. It's easy to think the issues are stupid speed laws and unsympathetic incurance. But - in Virginia a 80/65 ticket would be 3 years of higher insurance cost 2/3k.

That's a steep price for go fast.

I could - and may - spring for a $400 radar detector but, so far, I just set the cc at 5 mph over the limit and get there.

This year I drove to West Texas/28 hrs w snoozes, Wisc (no s) 16 hrs, Ontario 13.

I know no other car which can transport three adults/gear for a week and four sheepdogs at 5 mph over the limit, only stopping for gas, and the end of the trip the driver gets out of the car without whimpering.

Everyone on this list has different panther reasons.

As for me: performance=engine efficiency. The only engine add-on I'm considering is a belt supercharger because it only kicks in when the engine is at high rpms. The only times I've wished for that horsepower were passing, merging onto the Interstate and, in West Texas: when I was passing somebody at 80 and the truck in the other lane was coming at 80 - that's a "come to Jesus moment".

Donald McCaig

Comment

Well not I don't know if I'll be able to drive my beast out there. Some retard asshole rear ended me.

I'll put a post in off topic BS with pics later
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X