My 87 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 87 Grand Marquis LS

I paid $650 for the car and have been doing little repairs and replacements on it since i got it back in the first week of may. Its my first car and i think im gonna like it. I got a new oil pan and need to have it installed. A nice MSD Blaster TFI ignition coil, i replaced the air pump for A/C and got a belt, and found out now i have a window stuck open. But its not on the road yet so i dont have to worry about my pioneer cd player i got with the car being ripped out.
    Attached Files
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Definately some "teaser" pics there. Welcome to GMN
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Replacing the water pump today
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Looking good! We'd love to see more pictures if you've got some.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Heres some new pics not too great from my phone.The interior is almost perfect except for being faded in some spots. I need a new dash also both speaker spots are broken in and it has a crack down the center.
          Attached Files
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Did someone say oil pan??
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Nice "plush" seating.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

oil pan aint bad if you have a hydraulic engine hoist. just need to remove the upper intake, connect chain to engine, remove the horizontal motor mount bolts, and lift. gonna have to get the bottom end of engine turned the right way so that the pan can clear the crank and such, but can be pulled out. removal of radiator, shroud and fan make it easier to have room to lift the pan up and out of front of engine.

while you have the water pump off, i would replace the timing chain, and gears

with pan off i would replace oil pump, and rod bearings and use a perma-dry felpro blue rubber gasket for oil pan.
                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

my dad bought me the nice felpro blue gasket the day i got the pan. and the oil pan is a little to hard for me to change on my own.
                  2018 F150 XLT 43k
                  1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Sunday i hopefully can get the new water pump on. i had ordered the 2nd gasket from auto zone on the 29th and it wasnt in to pick up till today. and sunday my friend is suppose to help put the pump in. well im at it i should buy the new radiator.
                    2018 F150 XLT 43k
                    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

at the end of radiator should have been hoses.
                      2018 F150 XLT 43k
                      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well we got the old pump off and the power steering pump is also shot. so tomorrow im picking up a new timing chain if i need it and a power steering pump.
                        Attached Files
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Pimp.

. . .. sorry it's just my word this week.

And pretty darn clean, I like!
                          Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Well today i got the new power steering pump and a new cap for it. my friend that works for advance auto changed the pulley and its all bent and lopsided. so hes gonna get me a replacement one tomorrow.
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

you should replace the timing chain now that you got it all apart that far already. the only original thing left on my engine is the ac compressor. I've replaced everything else

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X