My 87 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeroc283 View Post
    My dad bought these rims for his plymouth back in the late 70's and he never got to use them. He gave them to me and i was wondering if they would work on my grand marquis. they are all chrome with baby moons 4 mcguard locking lugnuts and 18 chrome lugnuts. if they work ill switch them over when i get some new tires.
    Should work fine if they were for a Mopar, bolt pattern is the same. Bolt one up first just to make there's no weird clearance issues before buying tires. Nice lookin' ride!
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

hey mike here are the pics I took today it was great meeting you and your dad mang. I'm glad I meet you A fellow first time panther lover. Glad I gave you a few tech tips good luck on that water pump tell your friend he's an idiot for telling you to use ultra blue lol

I got your head in the shot lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

im sure i need a thermostat housing gasket but the guy at advance only sold me a water outlet gasket. so i think im gonna check if autozone has it later before i go out to the garage to replace the thermostat today unless i can get away without using a housing gasket.
        2018 F150 XLT 43k
        1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

im sure i need a thermostat housing gasket but the guy at advance only sold me a water outlet gasket. so i think im gonna check if autozone has it later before i go out to the garage to replace the thermostat today unless i can get away without using a housing gasket.
          yeah your going to need that thermostat housing gasket

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice car, love the 87's. I have to find me a set of chromies with the baby moons, those wheels are very cool.
            sigpic
            Current Rides
            67 Cougar XR7
            97 Mountaineer 5.0
            03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Check this out. orignal thermostat against the new one. and i only seen a water outlet gasket on mine no housing gasket.
              Attached Files
              2018 F150 XLT 43k
              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

My dad bought these rims for his plymouth back in the late 70's and he never got to use them. He gave them to me and i was wondering if they would work on my grand marquis. they are all chrome with baby moons 4 mcguard locking lugnuts and 18 chrome lugnuts. if they work ill switch them over when i get some new tires.
                Those will work just fine. Mopar and Ford wheels are completely interchangeable, I've done it many times. What size are the Mopar wheels?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

not sure. gonna use them when i buy new tires.
                  Attached Files
                  2018 F150 XLT 43k
                  1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Im gonna buy a new water outlet before i put the new thermostat on. old one is very dirty and the inside is covered with a thick ring of dirt. ill buy the housing gasket when i buy the water outlet. both of the old gaskets were completely gone.
                    2018 F150 XLT 43k
                    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

I can't wait to see some pics of the old skool Mopar wheels. Kinda wierd since I was looking at some 5-spoke wheels on a new Grand Cherokee today and I thought to myself that they would look neat on a box Panther.

Packman

Comment

Im picking up a new water outlet and a new power steering pressure hose today as both stock items are sorta corroded.
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Thermostat housing gasket on first then water outlet? Or water outlet on first then thermostat housing?
                          2018 F150 XLT 43k
                          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well changing the pressure hose from the power steering pump it broke off and i am unable to remove the last of the bolt on the end connected to the gear box. it seems to be stripped and stuck so much it wont budge and i used wd40 on it. any thoughts on how i can remove the stuck end?
                            Attached Files
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Had to return the chrome outlet was the wrong type. guy that sold me it said it worked fine but was for 65-76 302s and 351s. so i picked up a correct one and cant get the bottom bolt in. i also picked up a new power steering return hose so my old rusty ended lines are gone and nice new are in.
                              2018 F150 XLT 43k
                              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

the bottom bolt is a pain in the ass
                                if the ps line broke, try using a socket to get the fitting off....if that dont work, use vise grips and some heat...propane torch might be enough

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X