Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Bacon finds out ....

He's gonna be PI$$ED....

I havent told him yet, I will finally end up selling him to a co-worker. Chris is going thru a divorce,She gets the truck. So I'm selling bacon to him for $1500.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry.....

Well nothing soaks up the tears of a dead dog ...LIKE A NEW PUPPY

Here he is.

>Name yet to be determined<
    I was thinking "Racin Bacon".

2002 P71
    Former Washtenaw County sheriff's car.
    92,680 on the odometer.
    Painted LAST SUMMER !!!

All the usual things wrong. Crappy spotlight patch jobs,Cage holes and NO CRUISE, Well bacon didnt have it either...Ok he did but it was broke. So I just dont care.

The former owner Mikel ( Micheal ) installed a new head unit in it...Its crappy...Whatever...He also carried his kids in it.Under the front seats has an INCH of garbage...Dont people look under there ??

Ok rust report.

None.......No REALLY NONE...The fender wells,Dog legs AND rockers all look FACTORY. I never knew what a rocker looked like until now...Its kinda ashy white under there.

The to do list.

DEEP CLEAN the interior.

Replace the belt tensioner...Man that thing bounces BAD.

Clean the interior again...Its not stains...It smells like a minivan full of kids.

Solve the pulse problem. Brake rotor or wheel bearing. Either I can do here at home...I dont care...

Add Trac-lok

Add Flowmaster 44's

Ok here is the " I just got home and my camera takes crappy nite shots so live with it" obligatory photo. Lemme wash him and take some in day light.

If you happen to disagree with my choice or have anything negative to say, Please do so. I posted this on a public discussion forum and I can't expect everyone to "Dig my car"

nice rizzo I can't wait to see that in the next mi winter meet

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

purdy! I like the newer ones, wish I could afford one.
      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Email from the previous owner. Just arrived today.

on to his story..... a friend and i went to a sale that the washtenaw county sheriff's dept put on in june of 2007. it was the first car up for sale and one of only 2 black ones. there were about 15 white ones for sale, but i have a thing about white cars......gay. so, being the economist i am, i bid early, expecting the supply / demand to push up prices later as fewer cars were available. i was correct, and was more than a bit giddy. the paint looked like crap because of the amateur sticker removal job, and there were a number of surface scratches which led me to the now-infamous maaco job. on the way home from the sale, the driver's side floodlight - which was on at the time but wobbled a bit too loosely - caught the wind at 60 (or 100?) mph and smacked into the windshield. you may have noticed it sprawls out from that area.

since getting it for $3400, i spent $550 on the chub paint job, $200 on the window tint, $25ish on the crap-catcher and about $100 on the radio. originally i had the front two windows done at 20% black (the back are 5%). i may or may not have known that was below the allowable 35%....... i must say, it looked sweeeet when it was that dark, and - though i'll deny it under oath - i cleared out the left freeway lane more than one as an unsuspecting civilian doing a mere 85 suddenly crapped themselves as a menacing g-man appeared in their mirror. no lights mind you, but the dark knight spoke for itself.

he was soon dubbed 'spyhunter' by all that knew him, and will forever hold a special place in my heart. i find great solace in knowing he's well taken care of though. anytime you wanna shoot me pics or stories of sweet upgrades or exploits, feel free.

anyway, that's about the whole of it. hope it helps. be well, and look for the follow up in the mail and a copy of that other email on the crack soon.

thanks again-
        mike

Comment

Comment

Sweeeetness!
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv
              I never knew what a rocker looked like until now...
              I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Nice find, mang!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The wifes new desktop wallpaper.

The grille got painted while on the car ! FTW

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments.

Comment

Comment

You look like "Wax on, wax off" in that one pic.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

you buff the paint?

GODDAMNED thats a clean PI

Comment

thanks leaky, He got an over spray job thats for sure. The windshield is cracked so with it goes over spray. The REAL PROBLEM is the damn assholes sprayed the weatherstripping TO THE ROOF...Now I gotta razor it apart and wet sand and respray the whole freakin thing !!!

Comment

HOORAY FOR TAYLOR AUTO SALVAGE AND THE REDLINE BOSS (Rob)

We met up today around 11 to first check out the Baconator,Then BS for awhile before going to TAS.

I pack up everything I need to remove corner lenses.

My little red tool box & A xx piece 3/8 1/4 metric set.

We get to TAS and stroll Ford row, I start spinning rear wheels on any Ford 8.8 I can turn to see if I might stumble on a Locker.
                          not caring what was factory,Anyone can add one.

We find a MSP blue 98-99, Still has amber rear signals. So we go over and look at it, Check the door sticker which I never believe anyway,then try to turn the rear wheels.Nothing. Some asshat took the key outta the ignition.So with no park release I cant tell. Rob takes one for the team and jumps down to check the diff tag.........

3.55 [color:#FF0000][size:26pt]L[/size][/color]

Holy christ, MSP special orderd a different RAR and a Locker.

Now apart from the usual parking brake rotor hang up, all that was easy.So was face removal and visual inspection of the "guts". But I almost stopped right there. Some maintenance asshat punched 2 holes in the face and installed 2 plugs. For what reason I dont know.

Theory 1- This was for easy fluid drain.
                          Theory 2- This was an accident, The spiders ate something for lunch and the whole rear got replaced.

I like theory 2 cuz that means my parts DONT have 13x,xxx miles on it.

So stank-azz fluid everywhere, C-clips out and CRAP CRAP CRAP...I dont have a 19 for the bearing caps. Gave the yard $1 for a socket..That's 12 sided and clean inside too.

With a struggle and a 12" breaker, The bearing caps come off. STOP STOP STOP...Hey maybe put the spider pin and bolt back in before you have gears rolling all over.

Pull axles,bearings and Unit.

Much joy spread across the land.

I have $60 on me. I wonder if that will be enough. Heck I didnt ask when I was up getting the socket.

Collect tools...stroll up front.

$37.00

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ....

So I need a rebuild kit for the clutches and I have will replace my open diff.

Thanks to

The redline boss
                          Taylor auto salvage
                          And The miller brewing company

Comment

Got a call back from the Washtenaw County Sheriffs office. The guy ran my VIN. Besides brakes >10k ago, I also got a new transmission at 66,000. Right now that puts me 17,xxx or so into the Trans's life........WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent some time hooking up my Sirius satellite radio into The Baconator.

I have an obsession with hidden wires. I dont want you to be able to see anything.

First I looked for the infamous "Cop wires" everyone has in the passenger side kick panel. I hit it with a test light and found out the GREEN in hot with ignition to run.The ORANGE is HOT ALL THE TIME.

So I Pulled the 30 amp fuse from the high yield box and swapped it for a 20 amp.

I grabbed the Green wire and ran it over under the dashboard following factory pathways. I then made this the hot for the cigar lighter,But kept its ground as it was. Looky Looky a ignition switch hot power "distribution box". It has a switch of its own and 3 12v power outlets. I used 3M double side adhesive tape to mount it to the ashtray sheet steel. I ran it to the 12v cigar lighter and taped its connector in there. This now lives just next to the rear floor HVAC duct work.

Ok Now for the radio part. I mounted my Sirius antenna on the dash,As I decided NOT to use the roof hole this time. I ran its wire under the A pillar, under the weatherstripping and behind the glove box via the side of the dashboard. This runs thru the glove box area up and away from pinching and secured with zip ties. I ran that and the Sirius power cord up behind the trunk button and thru the 1/2 din FM radio filler piece. I have the sirius headunit mounted directly under the FM headunit.

So now turn key,FM and Sirius both fire up. And you can only see 1/2" of wire.

Comment

Looking great, dude.

-Rob
                              1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                              Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                              Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X