No announcement yet.

Subs with Stock Premium Sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since your stock stereo won't have the sub control, it is also good idea to get an amp with a volume control nob thingy that goes from the amp to a little knob somewhere, you can now control the subs bass level seperate from the reg speakers. it is a bad idea to use the bass knob on the stock head alone if you want to crank it up, because it's also cranking the bass at the speakers which might blow, i lets the subs handle the work and turn the bass low on the stock speakers to prevent me(Or the retards i drive around) from wrecking them.

another reason why you would want one. if you download alot of music, some mp3's out there have been messed with or just don't sound balanced compared to other songs, some are louder some have more/less bass,

of course again you can just turn up the bass on the head unit, but it's such a general frequency range when you turn it up you hear the extra bass that you wanted from the subs but you will hear alot of unwanted shit bass coming being produced from you speakers either because they can't handle it or the "bass knob" on your head has a little more to it than just bass.
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Some amps actually have speaker level input connectors. If yours has one, use it instead of the converter.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also, you can tap into a power antenna wire for the remote wire.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yep, anything at 12 volts will do it. but the stock deck might only put up the power antennae when the radio is on, if the power antennea goes off when the tape/cd is in use you can see the dilemma.
          Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

The stock power antenna is manually controlled, so I don't think that will work for a remote wire. The factory amp does have a switch-on wire somewhere in the harness, but I don't know which it is.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              The stock power antenna is manually controlled, so I don't think that will work for a remote wire. The factory amp does have a switch-on wire somewhere in the harness, but I don't know which it is.
              So I can tap into that wire for switch on power for the new amp?

Comment

or you could do what we do on some of the newer vehicles and run the remote turn on wire to a fuse that only gets power when the igniton is on. things to look for include fuel pumps, radio, or anyother fuse in the fuse block that ONLY turns on with the car on.
                What happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
                  or you could do what we do on some of the newer vehicles and run the remote turn on wire to a fuse that only gets power when the igniton is on. things to look for include fuel pumps, radio, or anyother fuse in the fuse block that ONLY turns on with the car on.
                  I can do that then. Thanks mang.

Comment

what i got for the wagon is stock speaker amp, pioneer speakers(6) and 2 12'' subs on a 500W pi0neer amp. takes nothing to hook up a sub and amp and leave the stock amp for the speakers for ultimate sound

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      what i got for the wagon is stock speaker amp, pioneer speakers(6) and 2 12'' subs on a 500W pi0neer amp. takes nothing to hook up a sub and amp and leave the stock amp for the speakers for ultimate sound
                      You using the stock head unit as well?

Comment

Fuel pump works great. If you get pulled over for a loud radio, turn the car off and to accessory, you have no amp turned on.
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS
                        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

the only problem with that is if you ever want to listen to music with the ignition off (turned back) then it will not work
                          What happened here?

Comment

but its quick and easy, no dash or radio removal to remove. I ended up replacing everything in the car except for the front speaker wires. mine didnt have the premium sound in it so i installed a new amp for new 6x9's and 2 2400 watt amps for my 12" boston G5 subs. total peak power is 6K, rms power is 3K
                            What happened here?

Comment

Working...
                            X