Rocker winter prep ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    My '90 will be in storage this winter I'll get it under-coated before storage though!
    Nice! Aero's are the new "Winter Beater" anyway.

Comment

BLASPHEME !!!

Comment

Huh, I'm about convinced. What do you use to get it off later if you need to repaint a treated surface or something?

Wonder if this stuff is anything like the "Boeshield" product my restoration friend uses on parts he needs to store. It's some sort of blend of oils and waxes and does dry fairly hard in a thin protective layer.

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
        Use chain saw bar lube. A air powered undercoating gun helps. Its clear it hardens. Dosent dammage wiring sheathing. I store blocks, heads , cams, etc covred with the stuff. Nevr had any rust 10 yeras and more later even when stored in mini wearrhouses. Coat the under side of my cars with it. The guy that bought my 96 F350 inspeected the truck and boughtit from me in in 98. He said new trucks in Ford car lots had more rust than mine. Its cheep too. Oh my machinest always ask me what the hell I coated my parts with. It is difficult to remove. It is designed to cling to metal guides flying aroud the chain saw bar. It displacees water. Best to spray and brush on hen its hot out or you havee to warm it up.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
        X