Blaze's Vic on track video FINALY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze's Vic on track video FINALY!

So my buddy finally came through for me and got me the couple short clips of him behind me on the race track. Track is VIR full course, this is back in Summer of 2007.

Video 1

Video 2

that was intense, i'm gonna go play some gran turismo now . .. .
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Truly awesome, sir. Well done.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

amazing the only panther that corners absolutely flat on a track. we gotta get some video in-car seeing you work the t-5 around the track

Comment

kewl... my boss runs his porshe at VIR... Im sure he woulda mentioned if he saw you there
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
              amazing the only panther that corners absolutely flat on a track. we gotta get some video in-car seeing you work the t-5 around the track
              Nope, not the only one. There is a much more insane one up in Canadia....

NIce vids Johnnie, didn't see a wave by on the first vid though.

Were you locking up the inside front tire on the turns or was that the AOD overheating?
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Car and driving are both very impressive
                sigpic
                Current Rides
                67 Cougar XR7
                97 Mountaineer 5.0
                03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  or was that the AOD overheating?
                  AODs don't overheat too often when equipped with a manual shifter and a clutch...

:p

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                    AODs don't overheat too often when equipped with a manual shifter and a clutch...

:p
                    He did the t5 swap last year, so it is quite possible that that was his first time out with the car, and so it very well could have been equipped with a AOD. And he passed a C5 vette and and M3 in the vids he posted soo.....

Originally posted by Blaze86vic 5/28/2007
                    Well as many of you know I went to the track this past weekend. Good news is I did well, passing an M3 and a C5 Z06 in my first session. HP means only so much on this track, since it's about 90% turning less than 50mph. The carousel was F-ING AWESOME!!! Did 55mph in that turn, and yeah the suspension was squished.

Bad news;

Conclusion about front springs.
                    No direct replacement is going to work. I can up the spring rate to 1500lbs/in if I want, but my wheels rate is still going to be less than 750lbs/in. And pretty much no single shock is going to adequately handle 1000lb+ springs, if they do, it won't for very long. So the solution is pretty much limited to one of two custom redesigns. Either redesign the shock to be mounted closer to the lower ball joint, or strait up convert to coil over with the mount again being located close as possible to the lower ball joint.

Conclusion about tranny coolers.
                    One extra large Flexalite fanless cooler is not enough. I have my doubts that two coolers would do the job either. This track is the hardest track you are going to have on a tranny. Pretty much all of it is below 65mph except two moderate straits. This means that the hole lap is in 2nd gear or lower, meaning that the tranny is using the torque converter. This generates too much heat for one cooler to handles, and is generally too slow for a fanless system to be enough cooling either. I was only able to go for about 25 minutes tops, provided the tranny started the 25 minutes dead cold. If the tranny was warm like I had come off the street, then 10 minutes and that is it. Now I of course drove more than 25 minutes. I did 40 minutes and I was black flagged for smoking. After those stated times (25, 10) you run imminent danger of fluid coming out from the converter seal from overheating, which I did twice. Luckily the seal came back both times and drove home a happy camper.

Overall problems.
                    Because of the tranny problems I was unable to complete more than one full session a day. So I only got 1/4 the track time I was there for, which is still almost 60 times that of the track time I have gotten at both of my drag strip events put together. On my fist run on the skidpad I blew a power steering hose out of the pump. Nothing major, just really messy. Got it back together and it did just great the rest of the weekend.

Well that's the low down. So if you want to make your panther track suitable, keep some of that info in mind.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

he TOLD you!!!!!!

*snap*snap*snap*
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        he TOLD you!!!!!!

*snap*snap*snap*
                        LMFAO!!!

But nah, this was with the 5 speed. That was tire smoke. I gave a point by you just can't see it in the video....which is good because I actually gave an incorrect point by at first and then corrected it.

Comment

It was with the 5-speed, so I win. I was right on the internet!!! W00t!!! :woot:

Comment

Working...
                          X