Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bah... the cheap source is out of stock... http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-00t96117m.htm

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yep, I'm on their email list when available.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Crazy View Post
        Anyone got current information on the brass TV bushings? I've check my local dealer and they want 26.06 each for the F3SZ7H303B bushings (four bushings per package not sold individually). This is just unacceptable in so many ways. The plastic replacement is 4.30 each and they come two to a pack. I tried the transmissionusaparts site and no go (out of stock). Got on their email notification list months ago and still a "no go" today.
        I picked them up for $14.01 CAD a piece ($56.04 for the set of 4) at my local dealer. PM me if you'd like one for my cost plus shipping (shouldn't cost more than $12 to ship!). I'd like to keep one spare in case I end up with another 5.0/AOD car but two are up for grabs.

I wonder if transmissionpartsusa.com is permanently out of stock...?
        RyPow
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Thank you RyPow, I ordered two of the plastic/nylon bushings at my local Ford dealer and castigated them about the "gold like price" of the brass bushings! There are plenty of these brass bushings on ebay but I don't have a paypal account and have never purchased on ebay. The originals last 22 years, so they can't be all that bad. I guess I'll just add the inspection of this part to my PM. Afterall, the TV cable "peg" is plastic as well (on my cars) so what stops that peg from breaking off with age?

Comment

the brass bushing. It takes the beating from the lever instead of the peg.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, I asked for it.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Crazy View Post
                Thank you RyPow, I ordered two of the plastic/nylon bushings at my local Ford dealer and castigated them about the "gold like price" of the brass bushings! There are plenty of these brass bushings on ebay but I don't have a paypal account and have never purchased on ebay. The originals last 22 years, so they can't be all that bad. I guess I'll just add the inspection of this part to my PM. Afterall, the TV cable "peg" is plastic as well (on my cars) so what stops that peg from breaking off with age?
                22 years? Both my 89s failed way before that. If I had to guess the Merc was about 7/8 years old and the LTC was approaching 15. Still, pretty long in each case but you see my point. If I ever (no, when) I have a box again it is getting a brass bushing. Last nylon one failed late at night on a bridge, and I'm not having it happen again.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Hi, Im looking for information on a TV cable or kickdown cable for a crown vic I have a 302 5.0 fuel injection my cable is broken and I need to replace it but it seems that is hard to find and I believed with the part number would be much easier to find it also I have the part number for the grommet #F35z-7h303-b hopefully someone could help me out with this information, thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                  X