My 1979 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some progress

I went over to check on my car earlier this week. The broken steering column has been removed. The shop now has to get prices for the replacement parts and get back to me. I really miss cruising around but thankfully it's not my only source of transportation.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Back on the road!

Seven weeks later...The shop installed the shift collar that I provided a few weeks back. They also adjusted and cleaned up the old steering column before re-installation. Their test-drive showed no further issues. I paid the bill (just labour and shop supplies) and drove away this morning. Sure is nice to have my barge back!! My next destination was the gas station.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Congrats! Are you going to get an ocean liner horn for it?

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

more paint

I made an appt yesterday with the shop that painted the rear doors 2 years ago. Dropped off my TC earlier tonight. The front header panel and hood are going to be painted. Also going to have another ornament installed. The old ornament was broken off last year when the vandalism took place...After this work is complete, I'll have to make an appt for the mvi, which is due at the end of Oct.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I dropped off my TC for the mvi on Monday. No word yet if any work is required to pass.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no problems!

My TC has passed another mvi. Got an oil-change too. Almost time for storage...
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                My TC has passed another mvi. Got an oil-change too. Almost time for storage...
                Make sure you say good night to it before storing it away. THey hate it when you do that. Cars aren't too crazy about that either

Packman

Comment

I will be putting my cars in storage this weekend. Another summer gone...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

October paint pics

Also posted on my Facebook profile: Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1270327Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0491.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1270328Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0492.jpg
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1270329
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

A few more:
                      Attached Files
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That looks sharp!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Looks nice!
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

looks good mang. must be a sweet car to drive, especially with shiny paint. a guy up the road, has a 1978 town car. its grey, with a grey top. no port hole windows though.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              looks good mang. must be a sweet car to drive, especially with shiny paint. a guy up the road, has a 1978 town car. its grey, with a grey top. no port hole windows though.
                              No port hole is usually a base model Continental (no "Town Car" option).
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

i was not sure, since there is a big lincoln star, where the port holes should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X