Clear All

2013 Wish List

Body: New paint for the roof and trunk.

Exhaust: Dual system.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had duals on my 79. It woke it up a bit.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

It should have a high flowing but stealthy exhaust if you stay with the luxury theme. Something like 2.25" duals and Super Turbo mufflers would be nice, quiet when you want but mean when you step on it.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

A buddy with an identical car (79 Towny, 400 engine) has a set of glass packs on his with no converters and it sounds pretty good. Doesn't sound obnoxious like I find most cars with glasspacks. Sounds nice when you step on it too.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            A buddy with an identical car (79 Towny, 400 engine) has a set of glass packs on his with no converters...
            It can pass inspection with no converters?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'd go with 2 1/2 pipe. It's 2 1/4 stock. The 400 will appreciate it. You could probably use impala tail pipes if you want. That's what I did on my Gran Torino.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                It can pass inspection with no converters?
                if its old enough, yeah. depends on where you are really. some states dont require inspections
                2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
                54,xxx miles. New daily driver
                2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
                rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
                114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
                1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
                Dead and sold.

Comment

I believe if the vehicle came with converters from the factory then it's required to have them and vise versa.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

lost a center cap

I had the windows down and heard it fall off as I was driving but couldn't pull over...The busiest intersection in the city and traffic was thick. Luckily, I have a spare center cap that I bought last year from a GMN'er.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

One of the pegs snapped off the rim, which is why the center cap fell off...I'm trying to track down another rim now.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

You can get new pegs from Ford. I have replaced pegs on my 80's TC/MGM. If they are the same. If you need the part number, let me know.

Comment

I went for a cruise today for 2 hours on the open road. Average speed was 80 km/per hour. Pumped $30 before leaving and used about a 1/4 tank of gas.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Mainemantom FTW

He sold me some wheel pegs last month. The broken peg on the d-side rear turbine will be replaced tomorrow!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              Body: New paint for the roof and trunk.
                              I'm still planning to have this done but my CV needs to get fixed 1st.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

playing in the trunk

Always smells like mice urine in there... Don't worry, I was wearing goggles and a mask! I decided to remove all the carpet to see what shape the trunk floor was in. There's some minor surface rust but no holes. On the right side, there was some nasty insulation, which I removed and trashed. After cleaning up the metal a bit, I sprayed some rust converter on the bad spots. After primer, I sprayed some black paint. Ran out and so did the daylight. Hoping to finish this job by the weekend.
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X