My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Job Mang!

Sound deadening is definitely worth the effort to install into any of these cars. My LTD has been gutted of its entire interior and all the stock sound deadening, besides what is covering the metal between the Firewall and Dash, and it sounds and vibrates like a giant tin can when going down the road.

The Merc currently needs its roof done, as removing the stock pressed lint pieces above the headliner have made the entire car echo like a hollow cavern when closing the doors from the outside, even with everything re-installed.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

The Merc currently needs its roof done, as removing the stock pressed lint pieces above the headliner have made the entire car echo like a hollow cavern when closing the doors from the outside, even with everything re-installed.
      I know exactly what you mean. I will also be installing mold and moisture resistant carpet underpadding, of a comparable thickness to the original "lint", between the headliner and roof when the car gets reassembled.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Black Stripes on Granny Trim and Blacked out Ditch Lights

The other day I put some black stripes on my granny trim. I used a product called Sparton HEAVY-DUTY VINYL BODY SHIELD (http://www.jcwhitney.com/heavy-duty-.../p2002651.jcwx). It looks damn good. All i had to do was cut it down to size and place the vinyl on the granny trim.

(Thread about me contemplating to do this found here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=30221)

And today I preformed the Black-Out treatment on my ditch light bezels.

How they look stock.

Masked off.

Scuffed up.

After primer, color and clear.

I think it will look sweet even though I had a little trouble removing the masking tape but it looks good to me nonetheless. It will barely ever be noticed but i will always know its there.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks nice, i like the subtle touches like that.

My side chrome needs a good polishing too, but from what ive noticed on mine, the black stripe looks just like black electrical tape lol. Thats just what i was gonna use when i re-do them, but yours looks like it would hold up alot better.

And to me, the black strip makes it looks better.
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Great work!!! I gotta see what that looks like when it's installed. I'm afraid to pull off the "granny trim" on my '86 CV for fear of what I'll find underneath.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
              Looks nice, i like the subtle touches like that.

My side chrome needs a good polishing too, but from what ive noticed on mine, the black stripe looks just like black electrical tape lol. Thats just what i was gonna use when i re-do them, but yours looks like it would hold up alot better.

And to me, the black strip makes it looks better.
              Thanks. I Actually have a Grand Marquis door granny trim and that black stripe does look exactly like electrical tape...even thinner actually.

And the product i used is pretty thick, and it doesnt even get scratched so i know it will last.

Originally posted by packman View Post
              Great work!!! I gotta see what that looks like when it's installed. I'm afraid to pull off the "granny trim" on my '86 CV for fear of what I'll find underneath.

Packman
              Thanks. Well under mine i found piles of frozen dirt because i removed these during the dead of winter lol. They were extremely easy to remove so dont let that stop you. And it may be a good idea to get in there if you fear for rust. Maybe you can help counter some of it, and even prevent new rust spots from forming.
              ~David~

Comment

Brand New Rain Guards

Monday while I was at scotts, my brand new rain guards arrived at my house. Its in real good condition, i just need to polish i up a tad for it to be gorgeous. It will go on the car once the car is painted.

~David~

Comment

what kind of tic tac toe carpet is that?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

lol i am not sure, i got it at Ikea or something. It does match the room quite nicely though.
                    ~David~

Comment

Power Passengers Seat Installation

This morning i installed my power passengers side seat track etc. I forgot to grab the bracket for the seat controls as well the plastic covers that hide the bolts for the seat. So my dad helped me fab up a bracket and it came out swell. Next time i am at a yard i will have to get the bolt covers so the interior looks all smooth.

The bracket all made up.

Test fitting the switch on the bracket.

Installed on seat.

Seat installed in car.

I am very satisfied with the was it turned out.
                      ~David~

Comment

Cool!! Also, you should reupholster them seats.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

So are the track motors all working fine? They looked good, but looks don't really mean a whole lot when it comes to junkyard parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                            Cool!! Also, you should reupholster them seats.
                            Funny you mention it, my dad was saying what a perfect time to get them reupholstered! If anything i would do it myself. I mean i did do this all by myself:

Ivan, Gabe and Phil can vouch for how good they look.

Originally posted by John Deere Green View Post
                            So are the track motors all working fine? They looked good, but looks don't really mean a whole lot when it comes to junkyard parts...
                            Yep it works perfectly! I made sure to test it out straight off the battery before i installed the whole set up.

I must say that having a power passengers side seat is pretty cool. It is a lot more comfortable than the drivers side because it has no steering wheel to get in my way while i take a nap.
                            ~David~

Comment

So how did you go about wiring it up? Was the wiring there or did you have to run a line like I did?

Comment

You keep giving me a bunch of idea's. You need to stop that.
                                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X