No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, you actually found tudor ventshades?! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      So how did you go about wiring it up? Was the wiring there or did you have to run a line like I did?
      No existing harness so i had to run a line. No biggie.

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
      You keep giving me a bunch of idea's. You need to stop that.
      I am just sharing the wealth

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
      Holy shit, you actually found tudor ventshades?! Congrats!
      yeah i never thought i would find a set..let alone a brand new set!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It looks good, David. Factory looking, actually.

I have to ask though... Do you work? I ask because... how the hell do you have time for all these little projects?
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          It looks good, David. Factory looking, actually.

I have to ask though... Do you work? I ask because... how the hell do you have time for all these little projects?
          Thanks.

I work part time...i took summer classes this summer and starting the 19 of August i will be working non-stop till the middle of September and that income is enough to last me through the next year. Right now my life consists of just school and part time summer work, once i graduate college i suspect that free time as i know it will be a thing of the past.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What are you going to school for/ working at, if you don't mind me asking?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
              What are you going to school for/ working at, if you don't mind me asking?
              Taken to pm's.
              ~David~

Comment

Lighted Rear View Mirror Installation

Today I installed my lighted rear view mirror. Back in April i grabbed the mirror but never the harness. So this go around at the junkyard Ivan and i snatched a harness for the lighted rear view out of a mid 90's Lumina. It consists of three wires: Power all the time, power with courtesy lights, and a ground. I am really feeling it. Brandon originally gave me the idea with his big red project

Here is the mirror installed on the windshield. The bright yellow wire is the ground. I drilled a hole in the frame of the car so the harness could be easily hidden.

Here you see the brown wire coming through a hole with the yellow ground. The brown is my constant power. I tapped into the vanity visor lights.

Here you see the green wire that is tapped into the courtesy lights that gives me power only when the doors are open.

And just a shot of the p. side light on with the switch.

I am very satisfied with it. It was easy to install and it looks like it belongs there.
                ~David~

Comment

Nice!

Packman

Comment

Cool touch! Now put a grommet around those wires.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Inner Fender Evolution

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                      Cool touch! Now put a grommet around those wires.
                      But...I like seeing things on fire!

Today i swapped out my inner fender etc....

Started out looking like this:

Then after i removed my fender support, old air intake (box, elbow and all), coffee can, relay holders, coolant/ washer fluid reservoir, air box bracket (bolted to manifolds) and of course the inner fender i was left with a pile of junk looking like this:

And a car looking like this:

After i replaced the new 90 91 inner fender, vacuum box/relay box, zip tube, air box, maf, washer fluid reservoir etc. my car was looking sweet again:

All that is left to do is place the relays into the relay box, find some plugs to plug up the open ports in the zip tube sear the throttle body and reinstall my fender support. I hope my car still runs after all of this.

Oh and the air filter just swapped right into the 92 and up air box.

And just to recap:

Before:

After:
                      ~David~

Comment

Is there a part number for that vacuum box? I remember looking for it trying to get rid of the awful soup can and looks like ronnie and lonnie installed.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Inner Fender Evolution Completed

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          Is there a part number for that vacuum box? I remember looking for it trying to get rid of the awful soup can and looks like ronnie and lonnie installed.
                          Sorry i did not view a part number on the vacuum box.

This morning i finished up the install i started last night.

To secure the relays in the relay box i drilled two holes (so a zip tie could slide through and secure the three relays) as well as chopped out a channel underneath the box so the relay wires can slide into the relay box. Turned out really nice and clean looking.

And to plug the two holes in the zip tube i used a rather large brass plug that i found rolling around in the garage and a spark plug to fill up the smaller hole. Looks funny, but it works.

The completed project:

The modded relay box:

The plugs for the zip tube:

~David~

Comment

looks great dave i'm affraid to mess with my wiring lol. plenty of room in there i need to start small projects again

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Man you have done a lot to that car, I'm impressed.

.....I could just see the look on some ricer-type's face after noticing the spark plug in the ziptube.
                              Former panther owner
                              1981 CV 351 4bbl
                              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Nice and intelligent mods I'm imprrrrrrrrrrrrresed specially the "Zip tube" of a police interceptor, very clever
                                MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Working...
                                X