No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that's a platinum plug in the zip tube cause anything less will foul out. Seriously tho good work!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Where did you get the coolant and wiper fluid reservoirs from? That is a clean looking installation; like it came from the factory that way.

Packman

Comment

Washer Fluid Reservoir Bracket and Under Dash Carpeting

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
        Man you have done a lot to that car, I'm impressed.

.....I could just see the look on some ricer-type's face after noticing the spark plug in the ziptube.
        lol. Thanks

Originally posted by sniper308 View Post
        Nice and intelligent mods I'm imprrrrrrrrrrrrresed specially the "Zip tube" of a police interceptor, very clever
        Thanks mang

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
        I hope that's a platinum plug in the zip tube cause anything less will foul out. Seriously tho good work!
        Naw. Its a stock Motorcraft plug. Thanks

Originally posted by packman View Post
        Where did you get the coolant and wiper fluid reservoirs from? That is a clean looking installation; like it came from the factory that way.

Packman
        Yea it does look very factory. And you need to get the coolant reservoir/fan shroud off of a 1990 Lincoln Town Car as they are the only year with that set up. You can grab the washer fluid reservoir off of any 92 and up Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis. The Town Cars from 1990 had them as well but they are a little different but may work.

This morning my dad and I made a bracket to assist in holding the washer fluid reservoir stable while driving and while just trying to close the filler cap. We used a piece of metal that we had lying around and twisted it into shape and bolted it to the front fender mount on the radiator core support. The washer fluid reservoir is really solid now. It previously just had one bolt holding it. Two bolts is better than one!

Then i installed my under dash carpeting. When i got my car, the under dash carpeting must have been long gone because so many obsticals were in my way of just simply placing them underneath the dash and installing them. After i removed and re-placed many things the carpet fit in pretty well and i am so glad that i found a set in good condition. It really looks nice compared to having nothing there at all.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks great David!
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just got some decent under dash padding a few days ago too. I mangled the plastic screws in the extraction process unfortunately, so I need to find a substitute or get them out in one piece from another aero box.

Packman

Comment

I hate you for finding those rain-guards. Those are like finding the lost ark lol

Im waiting for a neighbors friend to come by again, she has a completely crapped out 2-door merc, it accually has a 2' by 2' piece of aluminum on the door over a huge rust hole but it has perfect raingaurds on it. I need to ask her just to sell them to me.
              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                I hate you for finding those rain-guards. Those are like finding the lost ark lol

Im waiting for a neighbors friend to come by again, she has a completely crapped out 2-door merc, it accually has a 2' by 2' piece of aluminum on the door over a huge rust hole but it has perfect raingaurds on it. I need to ask her just to sell them to me.
                Sounds like a beautiful car lol
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Interior and Exterior Detail

My car was looking dirty so I washed the exterior, vacuumed and cleaned the interior and applied some tire shine to my tires. I think it looks as good as a car can look with 5 different colors of paint, no interior or exterior trim Its still by far the classiest vehicle withing miles of my house.

~David~

Comment

I am gunna have to get some help from ya removing some my trim...
                    sigpic
                    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                      I am gunna have to get some help from ya removing some my trim...
                      No problem ask away.
                      ~David~

Comment

Blacked Out Headlight Bezels

Today i blacked out my headlight bezels so they will match my 79 to 81 grille i painted a couple months back.

They were painted flat black a couple years ago but now i went with the gloss black look so i can touch it up once rocks chip the paint.

Prepped and masked off.

Primed

And after color and clear

~David~

Comment

The car is looking sharp and you haven't even finished it by a long shot. If I can get to the '81 LTD in the next town over, I think I will grab the front clip and tailights from it.

Packman

Comment

Thanks a lot. And that is the scary part. The car actually looks really really good as is, and it is missing almost everything. It will be scary awesome when this car is actually painted and re-assembled.

And for trying to get those parts. They really set of the newer boxy box Vics for sure.
                            ~David~

Comment

Lenses Installed

Installed the lenses and all i can say is

But clears would just make them drop dead gorgeous.

They are now packed up safely waiting for their time to shine!
                              ~David~

Comment

where those the ones you bought off of scott

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                                X