No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please try and find out where that weatherstripping came from you will be my hero if you do haha
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      please try and find out where that weatherstripping came from you will be my hero if you do haha
      I wish i new where it came from Phil but I have no clue. This does look very similar..I would put my money on number 9. I say to use the rubber trim instead of the vinyl trim number 2 because the rubber will bend much better on the edges.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

New Battery Installation

Today I installed a new battery. My existing one would always die during cold weather for no reason, and if it didn't die it had not enough juice to turn the car over in cold weather. The old battery had 590 cold cranking amps with 730 or so total cranking amps, while my new battery has 850 cold cranking amps and 1000 total cranking amps. I originally had a Duralast specified for a 1987 Crown Victoria, but now I optioned for a Duralast Gold for a 1991 Crown Victoria. I had to chop the plastic battery tray a tad (actually cut off a stop for the old battery) and modify the battery hold down a bit. It is very secure in the car and looks like it belongs...much much bigger battery. I am really happy, but we will see how I feel come winter time.

Battery Installed:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Don't forget to under-coat your car mang.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Plugging Inner Fender Holes

Today I plugged up as many holes as I could find in my inner fenders to help prevent road salt and water to spray up the engine bay.

Before:

After:

And just an engine bay shot:

~David~

Comment

nice! i should probobly do that too. good idea. Why do you have a tach under the hood? And now i know what that bolt near my battery is for that is doing nothing...I need a better battery holder
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                nice! i should probobly do that too. good idea. Why do you have a tach under the hood? And now i know what that bolt near my battery is for that is doing nothing...I need a better battery holder
                So you can watch the RPMs while you are futzing around under the hood, I had it lying around..used to be the one in my car eons ago when my dad owned it.
                ~David~

Comment

gotcha, thats what i thought, but wasnt sure. and if you had an extra why not?
                  OBTW i think every box panther owner with a 5.0 EFI should follow your lead and put the newer airbox in, it just looks sooooo nice and clean haha.
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

yeah the stock airbox is fugly fo sho. Its also right in the damn way, makes it more difficult to change plugs on that side as well.

Rear deck looks good. I always thought Vics should have real speaker covers instead of the stupid punched holes in the colored cardboard junk they came with. The cardboard just looks so cheap. Early Towncars had just cloth rear decks with no covers. Not quite as horrible looking, but still really cheesy. I think proper covers became standard on the Townie in 85 or 86.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys..and Phil...I was just following in the footsteps of the greats like Mike and Thain with the newer airbox.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Thanks guys..and Phil...I was just following in the footsteps of the greats like Mike and Thain with the newer airbox.
                        gotcha! gotta give credit where credit is due!
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Nice airbox!

where can i find one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                            Nice airbox!

where can i find one of those?
                            http://www.adtr.net/shop.php?page=intake

or in a junkyard from 2004 and up Crown Victoria PI's. But 2006 and up have the better zip tube.
                            ~David~

Comment

whats the difference from that and the one you're selling? they look the same

Comment

Nice!!! Which reminds me that I got to get a couple new bolts for the fender braces.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X