No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work on the headlight relay harness. I really need to do that on all of my cars. What voltage are you seeing at the headlights now, and did you happen to measure what it was before? Also, what was the original purpose of those relays? Are they fuel pump relays or something?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

dave i like how neat and clear your wiring is mang did you just reuse your old headlight connectors?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
        Nice work on the headlight relay harness. I really need to do that on all of my cars. What voltage are you seeing at the headlights now, and did you happen to measure what it was before? Also, what was the original purpose of those relays? Are they fuel pump relays or something?
        Thank you. I did not measure voltage before or after but I can say that they are visually brighter than they were before. As for the original purpose of those relays....not sure... I snagged a bunch of them from underneath the hoods of Ford Explorers a few years back Ford part number FOAB 14B192-AA 5160-1 10 2. So far they are preforming well hand are handling the load.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
        dave i like how neat and clear your wiring is mang did you just reuse your old headlight connectors?
        Thanks Gabe. Yeah I reused the old connectors. I didn't even touch the headlights once all I needed to do was tap into the wiring along the drivers side fender.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

After watching the video I noticed my lights blink really fast....shrug....
          You overloaded the flasher. Time for a more beefier flasher. Too many lights for it. Might want to do one for the hazards too.

Oh and by the way great idea for using the old relay holder for your headlight relays.
          Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-15-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            You overloaded the flasher. Time for a more beefier flasher. Too many lights for it. Might want to do one for the hazards too.

Oh and by the way great idea for using the old relay holder for your headlight relays.
            Even before I made the blinky lights my flasher was on speed. lol
            And if you watch the video again you will see that it does not flash as fast when the hazards are engaged.

And thank you John..I try not to waste things...well I just hate throwing away things I may actually use in the future

Oh and here is a picture i took just before of the headlights with the foglights and hazards on:

Looks sexy!
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Window Guide Rod Bushing Installation

Today I installed new Window Guide Rod Bushings they made the door feel more solid when slammed and the window had an easier time going up and down.

To access the guide rod bushings I needed to remove the door panel.

Door panel removed:

After that was out of the way I began by removing the one bolt up top of the guide rod and the one nut near the bottom of the guide rod.

Top bolt:

Bottom nut:

Guide rod removed and cleaned:

A picture of the old bushings.

Window lowered a tad to access bushings:

And....
              New bushings installed:

And here is a thread so you can do it too! http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32138
              ~David~

Comment

Even before I made the blinky lights my flasher was on speed. lol
                And if you watch the video again you will see that it does not flash as fast when the hazards are engaged.

Oh and here is a picture i took just before of the headlights with the foglights and hazards on:

Looks sexy!
                Well then the flasher was tired then. Just get a new one and you should be good. Luckily the turn signal flasher faces out with the fuses on the fuse box, and not on the back of it *cough* hazards *cough*. And

And thank you John..I try not to waste things...well I just hate throwing away things I may actually use in the future
                Words to live by.

Comment

hey dave I like your new sig pic it's my new phone wall paper lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    hey dave I like your new sig pic it's my new phone wall paper lol
                    haha thanks Gabe!

Them lights are BRIGHT

~David~

Comment

Just ordered some trunk weatherstripping and two door lock strikers for $48 shipped! Sorta good deal I got...but bad part is I have to wait for the stuff to ship out till the 30th.
                      ~David~

Comment

you do relize that behind the fuse panel, oposite side of the signal flasher the hazard light flasher lays...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yea I know stupid place aint it? I replaced the signal flasher the other so so all my flashers are operating correctly now.
                          ~David~

Comment

Weatherstripping and strikers just arrived. Now I have something to do over the next coupe of days.

~David~

Comment

where ya get the strikers for the tudor?
                              sigpic
                              1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

weatherstripping to go around what? The only stuff I've seen supposedly is only good for the trunk.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X