No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does he distract the passenger long enough to plug in the sender?
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      How does he distract the passenger long enough to plug in the sender?
      so THAT'S what that was...
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

He's just a smooooooooooth operator...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Right now I have underneath the ashtray a Voltmeter, a mechanical water temperature gauge, and a mechanical oil pressure gauge. In the police pod I have an air fuel ratio (light show) gauge, an amp gauge and a vacuum gauge.

I will be removing the amp gauge totally from the car and putting in it's place my voltmeter. I will be putting new electrical oil pressure and water temp. gauges into my speedometer and installing a replacement ash tray I have so everything is seamless again.

I was originally thinking of moving the voltmeter gauge to my single a pillar gauge pod but decided that I don't like the amp gauge so the volt gauge will take it's place.
          You still have that tachometer under the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Well it would be too late know for me, but do you have something in mind?
            Instead of your typical 2 1/16" gauge something like these which I believe are smaller.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              You still have that tachometer under the hood?
              Yep.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              Instead of your typical 2 1/16" gauge something like these which I believe are smaller.
              Sucks that they are only mechanical, aside from the voltmeter. I dont want to rip apart half the car to just remove a speedometer and mechanical gauges would require that.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

3g Arrival

Bye bye shitty charging stock alternator.

The pulley on this thing is huge! I think I am going to try and swap the Taurus pulley I have onto it.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Geesh...Must be nice to buy a new one. lol

And I see you got a factory fuseblock.

Is it off of a truck ??? I found out a few months ago that 97 Ford Trucks have the perfect fuseblock and wiring that you need to use for a 3G swap. Already used one on my cousins 2-door, and soon mine.
                  ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                  ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Naw it is not a factory one but does fool some into thinking it is

It is a little-fuse mega fuse holder. Looks real nice and clean and is very sturdy. The fuse was from a Taurus as well as the voltage regulator plug and the charge cable. And yeah...sometimes I like to splurge on the car...this alternator is one of those occasions.
                    ~David~

Comment

I should realy get along to pulling the alt out of my 93 sable i got in my back yard. All this work your doing is making me feel jealous and lazy lol. So what exactly should i pull from sable in your opinion.
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

The alternator, the mega fuse (probably attached to the under hood fuse box), the charge cable as well as the voltage regulator plug.
                        ~David~

Comment

NOS Hood Ornament

Found a great deal for a NOS hood ornament on Ebay a few days back. Can you tell which one is NOS?

~David~

Comment

the one on the right? lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

23 years ago you would be right!
                              ~David~

Comment

new ornament looks good man. are they interchangeable amongst panthers or year/model specific?
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X