My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks!

My dad helped me get the h pipe mounted to the headers this afternoon. Just needed to beat in the heat shield on the upper cat on the p.side because it was interfering with the transmission cooler lines. Also needed to tweak the mustang air injection pipe because it was hitting the transmission dip stick. But it is now mounted up. No open header start though because we left the last two bolts on the p.side header near the fire wall loose so we can tweak the air injection pipe if needed once the h pipe was in place. I did not want to risk blowing out the gasket because the bolts were not tight. Also installed the new oxygen sensors. Definitely needed the 19 inch harness ones that I bought. It just made it on the p.side and the d.side has two inches of slack to tie up.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Got a call from work. They wanted me to come in tomorrow until the middle of september everyday so my dad helped me button up the exhaust. Got the s10 mids fitted and welded up to my current mufflers and all is good. WOW the car is so much peppier. It is 80 degrees out and I can spin the two rear tires anytime I want. Usually I would just get a chirp on hot weather but now I get a few rotations. Makes me happy.

So yeah the new exhaust is really nice. Cleaned up welds on the header ports, NOS mustang h pipe and s10 mids really woke the car up...who knows though because I had the stock manifolds with stock cats and 123k miles on it so maybe everything was just tired but now I get a big big smile on my face flooring the car and taking off. Even at cruising speed the car seems to speed up faster which is nice.

One bad thing though is while blasting the car down the highway I heard an air leak in my door weatherstripping. FREAKING annoying. Gotta fix that.

Pics later...and maybe a video of me getting lost driving into Jersey for work tomorrow.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-30-2010, 02:18 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A picture showing that the new pipes arent too low...also make note that I still have to wet sand two spots I repaired the other day:

A shot of the pipes:

Shot of the cats:

Another shot of pipes:

And another of cats....also you can see that only the p.side floor boards are rust reformed. I ran out of product to lay out on the drivers side:

Drivers side header:

And a bit deeper on the drivers side:

And a bunch of pictures of the completed mirror bezels attached to pitted mirrors.

And my favorite:

Oh yes...and the car sounds damn nice at idle and low throttle. nice and rumbly.
          ~David~

Comment

ok... that mirror is t3h aw3s0me!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks great David about that Mirrors!!!!! good job!
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks Guys

This morning new front brake pads went on as well as new transmission line fittings and the motor got an oil change. The car is completely ready for paint which will happen any week now.
                ~David~

Comment

:woot: Just picked up a set of complete power mirrors, housing, glass, motor, bezel and all! Gonna look a hell of a lot nicer than the pitting current ones. I am so happy right now
                  ~David~

Comment

Very, very nice!!! Paint those pipes. I believe they will last a little longer painted.

Packman

Comment

Damn.... You always give me the best ideas... I am painting my mirror bezels this week, I hate how they are faded and old. Your car is coming along nicely. Im glad you are playing such a huge role in the restore yourself.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Very, very nice!!! Paint those pipes. I believe they will last a little longer painted.

Packman
                        Probably right...though I am planning to junk the mid pipes next year and get an entire cat back exhaust bent up.

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                        Damn.... You always give me the best ideas... I am painting my mirror bezels this week, I hate how they are faded and old. Your car is coming along nicely. Im glad you are playing such a huge role in the restore yourself.
                        Thanks!
                        I can give you a link to get a new set of mirrors...nice mirror finish!
                        ~David~

Comment

NOS Power Mirrors

My NOS power mirrors came in today, and boy do they look NICE!

No more pitted mirrors for my car. These bad boys shine up like new...

Next up for the Brown Blob is some new door handles.
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 07-22-2010, 05:10 PM.
                          ~David~

Comment

wow very nice NOS mirrors!! Are you going to take it off and put on a new mirrors from your what you did already painted black? is that right David?
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks Jason

I am just going to install these new mirrors as is. I dont want to begin taking apart these mirrors to install the back bezel just in case I break something.
                              ~David~

Comment

Get those mothers coated in something so they never go bad again

Comment

Working...
                                X