No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastenal, or a similar hardware storehouse would have the bolts you need.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Awesome! There is one relatively close to me. Pops says the local Travers should have them in 7 inch length according to their catalog, if not that is where I will head out to next.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If you don't find the bolts you need, find someone who has dropped an explorer motor in. The bolts that hold the throttle body elbow onto the original motor are long enough to use as an intake bolt when you're using a spacer. Thats what I used, never had to go bolt shopping

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Pops found a set for me!
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

YAY New parts thanks to SF10

Some of the new parts and little nothings I picked up at the yards this past SF. I am very happy to find what I have found and thanks to all of those who helped. And Nick...don't poop on my parade.

Above you see a bunch of stuff like.....a black dome light that I pulled out of a cougar! (I also pulled a blue one for John and a Gray one for Thain), some chassis supports, some radiator hold downs (just in case I throw in a three core radiator), Mark VII trunk muncher covers, an ash tray, a bunch of oil fill caps, a mint p.side corner lamp lens, under dash courtesy light sockets, d.side lower fender support, and just a lot of other little things that put a smile on my face.

Thanks to Pete for the plastic muncher cover. Gonna paint one my interior color and leave one black and see which one I like.

Thanks to John for pulling an ash tray, eec test covers, and some fancy doohickeys that make the windows once touch.

Thanks to every body and Nick especially for carrying the groups goodie basket.
            ~David~

Comment

Get the damn thing painted! It's one helluva car now, but it's like watching a movie in black and white...the imagination can only do so much.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

The paint progress on this car is painfully slow. I want it painted just as bad as everyone else! To tell you guys the truth, I actually look back at the car when I first got it and wish I have never touched anything because this waiting game is killing me as well as you guys.
                ~David~

Comment

Painted Valve Covers, HO Intake, HO Nameplate and Chassis Supports

Today I painted the chassis supports, HO upper intake, HO Valve covers, HO nameplate, trunk muncher covers etc..

Autozone had no gloss black so I settled for low gloss black paint. It looks damn nice...sorta like a flat or matte black finish. And I painted the intake aluminum...i used all high heat paint, hoping that things will last.

Chassis Supports

Before...just how I pulled them off of a town car..nice and dry...oil free.

Just some rust on them

One stripped down..I am not worried about all the little pits of rust...It is under the car and no matter what I do it will eventually come back.

Both striped down...accompanied with the paint i will be using. Rusty Metal primer and some low gloss black engine paint

Primed

Painted

Trunk Muncher Covers

I painted one black and one my interior color....gonna test and see which one I like better. They came out decent.

The one to be painted tan

The one to be painted black

Tan one primed with the flex primer...I did sand down the rough spots..though it looks like I could have done a lot more....oh well....

Black one primed with flex primer

Tan one painted tan

Black one painted black

Valve covers and HO nameplate

Painted the valve covers and HO nameplate low gloss black. Came out great!

The valve covers with High Heat engine paint; primer and low gloss black

The name plate..this may get clear coated if I decide to sand down the raised letters to bare aluminum...

All primed...I did two light coats

And painted

HO Intake

I painted this in aluminum color. I really like it!

The intake waiting to be painted

Primed

And painted

Now all I am waiting for is my EGR gasket and TB gasket so I can remove those off of my car and repaint the EGR spacer low gloss black and paint the TB Aluminum.
                  ~David~

Comment

lookin good! I still have to paint my chassis supports as you call them haha...what exactly is that you used to take the rust off?
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Looks like he used a whiz wheel with a 'cookie' on it (a surface prep pad). You can see it in the 1st pic.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looking great David. We'll make a painter out of you yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          lookin good! I still have to paint my chassis supports as you call them haha...what exactly is that you used to take the rust off?
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                          Looks like he used a whiz wheel with a 'cookie' on it (a surface prep pad). You can see it in the 1st pic.
                          Yep..A real aggressive one to knock everything down quickly, then a wire wheel, then a less aggressive pad to get out all of the sanding scratches left by those green cookies. I could have then went over everything with the naval jelly I have to really clean her up but this was sufficient enough for me. It was hot out and I was sweating a lot. Whats done is done.

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                          Looking great David. We'll make a painter out of you yet!
                          Thanks Nick. I do try my best..most of the time.
                          ~David~

Comment

Painted some more hardware as well as some tiny trim pieces. Used trim black for the little screws and plastic pieces and for the self tapping bolts I used rusty metal primer and Aluminum engine paint and for the grade 8 bolts I used engine primer and low gloss black engine paint (they will be used to fasten the upper intake to the lower intake). I also got around installing my black dome light as well as an EEC TEST cover. I also made up a harness for the one touch up/down function....my little cordless drill died so I will put that job on hold because I hate manually taking the arm rest bolts out of the door.....

Little bits waiting to be painted:

Bolts waiting to be painted:

Bolts primed:

Little bits painted:

Bolts painted their respective colors:

The old map light:

New and old compared (they are both in mint condition):

New black dome light installed:

I love it!!

EEC TEST plugs just floating around:

Where I plan to install the cover:

Installed:

And my one touch up/down harness (all I have left is to mach it up in the car and trim wires as needed):

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM.
                            ~David~

Comment

Muncher Cover Install

Went ahead and installed the black muncher cover instead of the tan one just because it looked a bit strange...I can always change my mind if I want to switch them around. The cover fits pretty good, only oddity is right where the two screws screw in up top...the LSC trunk must be higher and flatter because I have these two odd humps sticking up from the cover..other than that it sure beats having a plain old motor being shown in the trunk.

You can see the weird humps/ears sticking up in all of the photos....

~David~

Comment

Teaser Pics

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X