No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dave, let me know how the one touch stuff works out for you, if you have any problems send me a message.

Comment

Will do. Should go smoothly for me though...at least I hope. I tested everything and it all worked. I have a spare window motor plug...male and female ends so everything will be plug and play aside from power and ground.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Will do. Should go smoothly for me though...at least I hope. I tested everything and it all worked. I have a spare window motor plug...male and female ends so everything will be plug and play aside from power and ground.
        Just do what I did for the power and ground.

Comment

great work. That intake turned out VERY nicely.

I was skeptical about the flat black dome light, but it ties in beautifully with your horn pad.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

gggrrr you make me want to re-paint my upper now. Its gonna look like crap once all the blue/red flakes off..!!!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

One Touch Up/Down Install

Thanks guys!

Weather was nice out and my cordless pink drill gun was charged up so I went and installed the one touch features in my car. If you have not already heard about this function please read HERE

Really simple actually...even though the schematics look complicated. I did an entire bench test first and then transferred the entire thing to my car. Only real wiring that was necessary for my install was applying a ground and finding a keyed power...other than that it is cake when you have some spare window motor plugs to just set in line with the existing system.

Modules mounted with four zip ties...holes are now rust encapsulated and will be filled with silicone to prevent rust and water seepage. I also made sure to vacuum out the door to prevent rust from forming from the drill shavings:

Here you can see the entire shebang...basically just two added window motor plugs and the job was done:

And a little video to show how she works!

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=MOV03513.mp4
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

That looks AMAZING. great job!
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thanks Phil. I wish I went and sprayed the plenum plaque Aluminum first then black...and then wetsanded away the black on the raised portions to reveal the aluminum...now that would have really made everything pop....maybe I will try it out at some point.
                  ~David~

Comment

Spray it Aluminum now and reveal the black.
                    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                    sigpic

Comment

No. That would destroy the pattern..and if you meant to reveal the black in all of the in-layed areas...that would be impossible to do.
                      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-15-2010, 08:40 AM.
                      ~David~

Comment

Chassis Supports Installed and EGR spacer and TB Painted

Jacked the car up this morning and installed the sweet bars I found at the junkyard during Scottfest last week. I though I would need an impact gun to get the self tapping bolts to thread but I was able to thread them in with a 1/2" ratchet and a 15mm socket with ease. They bolted up no problem and look nice!

Then I ripped off the egr spacer and tb for paint. Scuffed them up with 220 and engine primed them then painted the egr spacer low gloss black and the tb, Aluminum. They came out great and match the intake and valve covers perfectly.....Pictures of the completed swap coming up in the next few days....including new valve covers, intake, intake spacer and plenum plaque. I wanna at least hose down the engine bay to get it a bit nicer looking.

TB ready for paint

Primed

And painted

EGR spacer ready for paint

Primed

Painted

Oh and an extra!

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-16-2010, 08:20 PM.
                        ~David~

Comment

Wetsanded Intake Plaque

Decided to go ahead and wet sand the raised portions of the intake plaque to reveal the real aluminum. I used 400, then 600 grit paper. Once this corrodes over I will strip the entire thing down repaint the entire thing Aluminum then low gloss black and wet sand the high spots down to reveal the painted Aluminum.

~David~

Comment

looks awesome. Clear it and forget it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks

I have high heat clear paint for it...I am just worried that the clear will change the color of the low gloss black and therefor not match everything else I painted.
                              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-16-2010, 08:15 PM.
                              ~David~

Comment

ah. I see the dilemma now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X