No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you gotta do the alternator bracket than it would be perfect, but you've done great work.

Comment

Thanks!

Yes that bracket was definitely eying me. Sure is ugly as it sits. Luckily that is easily removable...and it shall be done at one point.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think the next items to be painted will be the master cylinder reservoir cover, blower motor housing, alternator bracket and support, coil bracket, and possibly the map sensor bracket as well as the cruise control vacuum canister.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

be warned: the MC cover is frustrating as hell. I painted it 3 times with various stuff only to have it peel or rust within a month. Now I just have it cover in tremclad rust paint, and hit it with a foam brush of it whenever I have the stuff out for unrelated reasons.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Interesting. I should have pulled an extra from the junkyard to practice on.
            ~David~

Comment

I think it's just a matter of needings to be SUPER anal about prep and never, ever let any brake fluid touch it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

A couple questions: What size self tapping bolts did you use for the chassis support bars? I was going to drill out the holes under my CV because they looed like starter holes. Also, what did you use to clean the plastic in your engine bay? I have some interior vinyl dressing that I might try on a practice fan shroud.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                  I think it's just a matter of needings to be SUPER anal about prep and never, ever let any brake fluid touch it.
                  Probably.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                  A couple questions: What size self tapping bolts did you use for the chassis support bars? I was going to drill out the holes under my CV because they looed like starter holes. Also, what did you use to clean the plastic in your engine bay? I have some interior vinyl dressing that I might try on a practice fan shroud.

Packman
                  I used the bolts that I removed that were holding the braces on a town car from the junkyard. I have no idea about size. I just ratcheted the bolts in with my 15mm socket and 1/2" drive ratchet set.

I actually just sprayed the 3m crap degreaser on everything and then some soap and water and brushed everything. I am sure just some soap and water could have done the trick on the plastic parts.

I am sure if I used some engine bay dressing that the engine bay would really pop...but I had nothing without silicone in it. I have to search around for what I can use.
                  ~David~

Comment

Some New Goodies.

I received an air deflector and power steering cooler from WagonMan today. Everything is in great shape too! Me being one that can never leave well enough alone had to go ahead and paint the air deflector back to a nice trim black finish...

How I received the deflector

Washed up and ready for paint

Flex Primed

And Painted trim black

And a peek at the cooler

New hoses and clamps will probably be installed to play it safe.

Can wait to install everything!
                    ~David~

Comment

Hmmmmmm.....I wonder if I still have the old bolts. If not, I can find them next time I go to Allentown.

I must have missed something, did you ever get the chance to paint your CV?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                        Good luck never allowing brake fluid to touch a master cylinder cover.

I'd look into having it powder coated. I bet Ryan would do it for fairly cheap. I love powder coating so much more than paint when it comes to under the hood. Your engine bay looks spectacular, David. Come do mine next.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          Hmmmmmm.....I wonder if I still have the old bolts. If not, I can find them next time I go to Allentown.

I must have missed something, did you ever get the chance to paint your CV?

Packman
                          Jacob, sadly the CV is still epoxy primer gray. I am very busy with work atm and the guy doing the work to the car noticed that I was super anal about everything I do with my car that he grew uncomfortable and obviously knew that he couldnt produce a paint job that I would be happy with...SO I will be laying out the couple thousand it will take to paint the car at a real paint shop.

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                          Good luck never allowing brake fluid to touch a master cylinder cover.

I'd look into having it powder coated. I bet Ryan would do it for fairly cheap. I love powder coating so much more than paint when it comes to under the hood. Your engine bay looks spectacular, David. Come do mine next.
                          I will paint and it will look great! I hope.....

Thanks Nick I appreciate it.

OH and look what my dad had waiting for me when I came home!!!

2.5 in to 3.5 15 degree angled tips! I love them. Next up is some magnaflow mufflers
                          ~David~

Comment

Fabbed up some brackets to push the deflector forwards a bit to actually scoop up air instead of just flopping around.

Painted the brackets and screws aluminum and black respectively.

Ready for Primer

Primed

And painted

Cant wait to install it.
                            ~David~

Comment

Air Deflector Installed

Before

After

A look at my brackets

And an overall look

~David~

Comment

What'd you make the brackets out of?

Comment

Working...
                                X