My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Headrests Installed

Not too bad. I did like the natural look of them...but hey, they were cracked...this is the best I can do. They look better in person.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I want/need your weather stripping lol I took mine to the car wash and got drenched today from the pressure washer in the auto wash bay. I also need to find new window track weather strip cause mine leaks bad too. Does yours?
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Surprisingly nothing leaks.
        I already have new body to door weatherstripping. I 'found' 60+ feet of it over a year ago and it works really nice. I have no idea what it was for or what brand it was but it works great for me and looks stockish too.

I also have a NOS drivers side window channel weatherstripping as well as new Metro molded WC 33-96 for the passengers side window yet to be installed.

I recommend purchasing two pieces of wc 33-96 for your windows. Here is a little talk about it. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ripping&page=5

Go check out page 5 or so.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Does the WC33 work for the bar where the wingvent is on a Vic?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It is gonna have to. I haven't installed it yet, but I do know that it is tighter in the vent channel as I have tested it out before. The stock channel weatherstripping was all one piece and looked like all the same size, so that is how I will replicate it. I have brandy new window motors going into the car as well so I am not too concerned about anything being too tight as I know they will power right through them. And if not, some silicone spray always helps out.
            ~David~

Comment

The Towncar must be significantly different then. The veritical part is very noticeably narrower than the top and rear post, and theres just no way in hell you'd ever get the wider felt in there. I found that the WC16 works pretty nicely for the skinny felts on a Townie.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool. If things turn south I will try those out.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I have brandy new window motors going into the car as well so I am not too concerned about anything being too tight as I know they will power right through them.
                  lol my 87 has gone through like 3 window motors. The one on the passenger side has died twice, luckily both time while it was up (obviously one was with a new window motor, only a couple months old and it fried). The drivers one died while it was down so it was parked and I was not happy
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Went to the body shop yesterday to begin the wet sanding process. Wet sanded the car out, and began the buffing process with the first stage of compound. Unfortunately the drivers side fender and p side header panel just above the headlight bezel have to be repainted because they rubbed through. Also rubbed through a piece on the trunk lid up against the rear window...but that one is hardly noticeable yet...I say yet because the buffing process is not yet over. I left the house at 6:45 am and got back home just after 8pm yesterday. lol Long day at the body shop.

Right now with just the compound on the car the finish has a lot of swirl marks in it, but it is pretty damn nice for just being the first step.

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                    lol my 87 has gone through like 3 window motors. The one on the passenger side has died twice, luckily both time while it was up (obviously one was with a new window motor, only a couple months old and it fried). The drivers one died while it was down so it was parked and I was not happy

What are you replacing them with that they go to hell so fast? Regular parts store replacement?

I bought a kit that was around 140 bucks iirc. My dad is running the same kit in his mustang for three years now and no problems.
                    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-30-2010, 05:21 AM.
                    ~David~

Comment

new motors? what? people actually buy new ones? I don't believe I've ever run one that wasn't at least 20 years old. I just buy the pills and overhaul them, or toss them in favor of a less trashed one if appropriate. Both rear door motors in the Towncar are original untouched from the 82 the doors came from, the 86 door has a motor I rebuilt in there, and I have no clue what the 83 door has.

Comment

Yeah new motors. All the ones I have dealt with just get slow, really slow. New pills don't cure old age. My father installed new motors in his car after it was painted years back because the old ones would crawl up and down with tight new weatherstripping. I recently gave one of those motors to a friend with an 87 GT T Top and it worked great for his clapped out car.

I am the type of person to just buy shit new than fuck around trying to rebuild things where I have no idea what I am doing. I figure a new one will last me the life of the car, so I cannot go wrong. Pulling the door panel every time there is a problem is something I don't want to do, so new it is for me.
                        ~David~

Comment

Im going to try a Dorman window motor next time - they re-designed them, they look a lot different but install the same. Dorman claims to try to re-engineer out the factory defects in their replacement parts. I've been impressed with their other products so far...
                          All three of mine have one front window going funky, and they are all ones that I have either replaced with one thing or another, or 'rebuilt' them. I'm fed up!!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I was just in the car looking through some papers I have with my owners manual and I found my build sheets. Two of them no less. I thought I lost them as I haven't seen them for a good year, but low and behold they were safely hidden all this time.

As far as window motors go I purchased a kit from latemodelrestoration, or mustangsunlimited.......I dont remember anymore.
                            ~David~

Comment

the kit entails what, just a set of new motors ?

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                the kit entails what, just a set of new motors ?
                                The kit came with new non rebuilt motors (L&R), 24 door panel clips, 4 window guide rod bushings, and a door panel removal tool.

Looking over the car, I have sided with Larry and Nate. I must admit that the color matched bucket does look better for some reason....I will pull of the 79 specific one, sand down the stock silver paint, prime, sand and paint and clear...then decide if I want to hang her in my room or whatever. I thought it would have looked sick, but for some reason I am not as happy with it as I thought I would be. It may be because of the silver not matching with the Hot Chocolate Metallic...but I am not going to repaint it that color. It will be refinished in the stock metallic silver color.

Still waiting on my springs and shocks to come before I install the end links and sway bar bushings...and still waiting on getting my transmission cooler as well as a stock tranny line adapter that mates with the cooler before I reinstall the newly painted aluminum fender supports as well as the aluminum painted CVPI air box bolts.

And still waiting till the car is completely buffed out before I start reinstalling trim as the process if extremely messy. The engine bay is just hideous right now.
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X