No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great, Dave! I have wanted to rig up a hood light for a while, I've just been lazy as hell.

what year is the rustang? 84? it looks mean but not mean like your cv.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks guys. Here is a link to see how the inside of the underhood light looks. Where you see the mercury switch, the piece of flex metal was broken and the power wire was corroded off of the rivet. I bolted in a bolt as the contact metal and soldered a washer to the wire and sandwiched the wired washer with another washer and a nut. Works mint. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=37

I kinda wish I looked at this thread before opening mine. I may have went ahead and lubed up the re-tractor just because everything was open. Mine is working fine now though so meh.

No 85. 85 and 86 only had that type of body molding (currently only on the bumpers).
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Video of the light.....dark video at that lol

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Today in the heat I installed the tan cougar seatbelt guides. Oh boy do I love how right they look in the interior now. The correct color really made it just fall in place.

Old black ones:

New beige ones:

I love how super easy these are to install. Plus they really give the car a more sporty look.

Next I moved onto the minty-er front bumper corner rub stripes.

Old and new:

And new Installed:

Next I did some more tidying under the hood:

A picture of the retractable underhood light:

And just some general interior pictures:

I know it is hard to believe..but..I think I am done with the interior!
          ~David~

Comment

Lookin good as usual David
            sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Details details. Unfortunately I don't think you're done with the interior:p. It's just the way it is with car folk. You'll find something else to add or improve.

Packman

Comment

Dave what does it say above your drivers door window switches?
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

and yeah you're not done. you don't have a backup camera yet
                  sigpic

Comment

Window decal on the switch panel. Displays the next time the vehicle needs to be serviced. No back up camera for me. I do not want any tv type screens in the vehicle.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Window decal on the switch panel. Displays the next time the vehicle needs to be serviced. No back up camera for me. I do not want any tv type screens in the vehicle.
                      They make rearview mirrors that have the monitor in them for the backup cam. I think that is pretty sweet.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

do you just srew into the seat frame, to mount the seatbelt brackets? they seem like a good idea

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

perfection.
                          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                          1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            do you just srew into the seat frame, to mount the seatbelt brackets? they seem like a good idea
                            Yep. Sure did.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                              They make rearview mirrors that have the monitor in them for the backup cam. I think that is pretty sweet.
                              yeah those are slick. it's just a little screen in the mirror, like on some newer f-series. They sell them here with that AND bluetooth built in, very subtle, for 200 bucks.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

That thing is clean. You ever thought of doing bucket seats from a newer era Crown Vic or Grand Marquis?

Comment

Working...
                                X