My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
    That thing is clean. You ever thought of doing bucket seats from a newer era Crown Vic or Grand Marquis?
    or one of the pretty much unobtanium tan velour two door seats?
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

tan broughham velour pillow seats... hmm... rolling couch would become a rolling super sofa

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I sorta like the seat I have now.

This morning I installed a custom bracket I made to hold the TPS sensor harness plug. A little piece of aluminum with a 90 bent into it and the little holes drilled so the plastic push type fasteners would hold. Had it painted two days ago low gloss black. Also painted the nut for the throttle body aluminum, and the three remaining nuts low gloss black.

I turned then to the interior. I had some smudges from dirty hands sitting on the headliner after its install a number of years back...then moving the club to the back foot well once also created a nice smudge. When I purchased my 303 aerospace protectant they sent a free sample sprayer of upholstery spot cleaner. Worked mint. Made me happy. Then I moved to the armrests, little caps for the overs holder seatbelts as well as the steering wheel with some Tuff Stuff vinyl cleaner my dad had lying around. Worked great as well.

I had the motivation to pull out the blower motor housing but it was way (and still is) to windy to paint today so I pushed that further back.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wheel Skins install was today.

The old:

The stock:

And the wheel skin:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Those are meant to go over the existing leather?

I stripped the leather off of the wheel in my car. Thought about a wheelskin, but I'd rather just get a plain wheel, because I want to delete the cruise buttons anyway. I actually may swap wheels with my '88.

It looks nice Dave. Another detail crossed off your list.

When are you going to start to build the powertrain in this car?

Are you a hot rod guy, or do you more prefer a cruiser?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
              Those are meant to go over the existing leather?

I stripped the leather off of the wheel in my car. Thought about a wheelskin, but I'd rather just get a plain wheel, because I want to delete the cruise buttons anyway. I actually may swap wheels with my '88.

It looks nice Dave. Another detail crossed off your list.

When are you going to start to build the powertrain in this car?

Are you a hot rod guy, or do you more prefer a cruiser?
              Thank you Nate.

As far as I am aware it is meant to go over the existing leather.

The powertrain will get touched upon once the engine blows or all other supporting modifications (big brakes mainly) are finished.

I prefer having a cruiser with some gusto in it. A crate motor will eventually find itself between the fenders.
              ~David~

Comment

A look of what is to come....A complete NOS set of 79 clear lenses!

~David~

Comment

You create vacuum.

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    You create vacuum.

Well you lack atmospheric pressure :p

These will be on the blob at Scottfest yes?
                    Did you get yours today too?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Well you lack atmospheric pressure :p
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Don't know when they will get installed. Waiting on Nate to see about those Hella headlamps before I go ahead and remove the grille and such. Mine did come in the same day as yours.
                        ~David~

Comment

pics of the fresh looking headlight trim rings.

That is with three light coats of self etching primer, wet scuffed down with a gray scotch brite, a tack coat of gloss black then two wet coats of gloss black and three full wet coats of clear.

Still have to paint up the hardware for them and wait to see if I can get my hands on a set of hella headlamps before this all gets installed.

No work will get done for at least the next week as I will be away in Florida.
                          ~David~

Comment

Picked up a aftermarket dome light lens yesterday and installed it today. It is less yellow and looks better imo.

Before without light:

Before with light:

During:

After without light:

After with light:

Hopefully get to the more exciting stuff like new Hella headlights, NOS '79 lenses and blacked out headlight trim rings withing the next month or two.
                            ~David~

Comment

can't really tell from the pics, is it giving off more light would you say with that cover?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I would say it is. the real test would have been in the dark but I didn't really care. The old one was fine for me too, I just wanted to change it up.

Before:

After:

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X