No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that's going to be a nice ride when you get all of that done!

Packman

Comment

Thanks Jacob

and.....

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total
      9.4102 Universal Mount / Isolator Set - Part Number 94102 $25.99 8 $207.92
      Color: - Red - -
      4.3150 Front Control Arm Bushings $69.41 1 $69.41
      In Stock in Black Only: - Red (Accept Special Order) - -
      Sub Total: $277.33
      Grand Total: $277.33

Ouch!!!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sending Unit arrived today

And my order from energy suspension shipped out.

Also washed and waxed my baby in preparation for the snow we may be getting.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Phantzy. You find that fuel sender in someone's NOS stash somewheres?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yep...Green Sales
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Yep...Green Sales

that fuel sender looks incorrect. that looks like a digi fuel sender. the analog ones have a brownish try it out though they may have changed the wire color sometime. i know my mechanical one in my merc had a brownish wire.
              Last edited by MattsLincoln; 10-29-2011, 08:49 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                that fuel sender looks incorrect. that looks like a digi fuel sender. the analog ones have a brownish try it out though they may have changed the wire color sometime. i know my mechanical one in my merc had a brownish wire.
                The sender and float I put in my 87 had a yellow wire, looked just like that one. I got mine from Team Ford Parts.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                  25+years of being soaked in gasoline...I am sure mine will come out brownish as well.
                  ~David~

Comment

Yikes....the work continues too add up!

All new energy suspension body mounts and a front end (control arm rebuild kit) All Poly all the Time. OH and the spacers to make the body bushings "seat" better.

~David~

Comment

:O nice! i forget if you had said this before or not, but do you plan on doing anything to the frame while it is separated from the body? That is awesome that you and your dad will be doing it, if you can take lots of pictures and post them of the process!
                      Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM.
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Dont really plan to have the body move far at all from the frame....just enough to squeeze the old out and new in.
                        ~David~

Comment

Fuel Lever Sender Install

Had the fuel level sender installed this morning...One of those jobs where it takes more time to gather potentially required tools than the actual job takes.

Old ring was old and crusty/rusty. Three of the knock tabs broke. Luckily the last one held..this was even with spraying it with penetrating lubricant for the past few weeks.

A couple of years ago my dad picked a lock ring off of the junkyard floor. Sure enough it fit my car so now worries there.

The old float was sunk. Totally filled with fuel. I will keep it though and repair it once so I know I have a good known spare.

The old:

The corroded lock ring:

Fuel gauges reads nice and accurate! Turned the key and I had just under a half tank or so. Put ten gallons in here and I am nice and full.
                          ~David~

Comment

So you were able to fix it by replacing just the float?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well I could have....I just purchased a NOS fuel level sender instead. I will repair the original unit though for future use.
                              ~David~

Comment

2005 Explorer Battery Cover Install

Had this project on my mind for the longest time. Back in April I was looking for a cover from the junkyards...no luck..I guess because the workers remove the batteries beforehand..and the covers just get tossed aside......ANYWAYS I gained possession of a cover some months back and finally got to it this morning. In addition to the cover I utilized the wedge type battery hold down as well as installed a triple zero ((3/0) I think that is triple zero) positive battery cable.

I always wanted one simply because it cleans up the engine bay nice and makes the car more modern looking. I think it did its job nicely.

Speaking of projects...I still have not forgotten about the Mustang Amp pull switch as well as fog light switch that was mentioned however many pages back...I was getting the itch to have them in the car so i am devising up a plan of how exactly I want to go about doing things.....I want to have the amp pull switch (which will actually be used to power on the 4 channel amplifier I have in my trunk) located under the dash directly to the right of the entire fuse box cover panel. The fog lamp switch will be mounted where a triple rocker switch panel currently resides. The plan on that is to cut a piece of aluminum the identical size of the current switch panel BUT on the lower edge make two vertical cuts and bend that piece upwards in towards the guts of the dash providing a mounting location for the fog lamp switch. I will prep that aluminum panel for paint, coat it in a texture coating then painting it with some desert sand interior trim paint to match the best I can. The physical fog lamp switch should fill of the hole created by the inward bend nicely, completely hiding any dash innards from sight. I am looking forward to trying this out.
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-19-2011, 04:55 PM.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X