No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft of the aluminum variety is in. Spicer 5-134x combo u joints are the ticket to adapt the new to the old.

Also installed a set of gas a justs in the front of the Vic.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Where did you get the fan blades w/centers again? Can't find the post. Thinking of replacing the wheels on the vic with 16" w/tires. It will need new tires soon.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

what year,car is that Driveshaft from

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          Where did you get the fan blades w/centers again? Can't find the post. Thinking of replacing the wheels on the vic with 16" w/tires. It will need new tires soon.
          ebay. Seller: http://www.ebay.com/usr/tobacco_road_auto

I actually do not see a listing for a set of wheels atm. They are 17" btw.

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
          what year,car is that Driveshaft from
          Seller said it came from a 1995. It was identical in length to the steel shaft in my car.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

found it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Replaceme...item3cbea765a4

hmm... 17s on my aero vic. Need some photochop for giggles

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Looks good Dave. John said he noticed a difference on acceleration with the Al driveshaft. Do you feel any difference?
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                found it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Replaceme...item3cbea765a4

hmm... 17s on my aero vic. Need some photochop for giggles
                I gottem cheaper when they were actually selling them as a set. Talk to them about that.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                Looks good Dave. John said he noticed a difference on acceleration with the Al driveshaft. Do you feel any difference?

Cannot say. I am sure it did something with how the car boogies How much of something.... I have not a clue.
                ~David~

Comment

usually the gain is it stops vibrating at speed. I'd like to find an AL one, but at the moment I'm happy with one thats not dinked. My original is heavier duty, but the yoke is damaged and its out of balance. The car shook like an overloaded washing machine over 70.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Today I installed my TFI relocation Kit as well as a belly pan from a newer Grand Marq.

I pulled the TFI heatsink from a Thunderbird and modified the ridges so the TFI prongs would fit. I purchased a TFI extension harness for the three pins that the TFI module has from Mccully racing motors and the stock TFI plug with harness if actually long enough to reach where i mounted the heatsink.

Heatsink mounted with TFI module in place:

Everything all buttoned up a cozy looking:

I made a block off plate so debris does not get into the distributor, in this pic you can also see the Mccully racing motors TFI harness:

Also threw on a bely pan:

I had to make all new mounting locations for it as none of the factory holes lined up to anything.

4 J clips in the radiator core support

1 large plastic push pin on each side of the core support

3 bolts holding the rear of the belly pan to the K member below the oil pan.

I did need to trim a bit around the passengers side sway bar bushing, but otherwise fit is pretty good.
                    ~David~

Comment

Nice work,
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Great clean work as always. What's the benefit of the relocation? Less heat buildup?
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

nice as always Dave.

Comment

Beautiful work.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                              Great clean work as always. What's the benefit of the relocation? Less heat buildup?
                              Precisely. Will be a hell of a lot cooler running where it is currently mounted on the core support. Another member (mitymerc) mentioned this swap to be during Scottfest. Decided to give it a whirl. Lots of mid 90 fords have their TFI module remotely mounted to ensure they do not fail as quickly.

For the mounting of the heatsink I utilized the existing hole from the washer/coolant reservoirs. Did need to shave down the mounting ear as it was too thick for the original bolt to fit though, and did need to drill and tap a lower hole to ensure that the heatsink wasn't going anywhere. I also grounded the Mccully racing motors harness on that lower bolt hole.
                              ~David~

Comment

Looks good! What year marq did the belly pan come from? Looks like a great aero mod, I assume by the pictures you have to take it down to change the oil filter/drain the front plug?
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X